I enabled the AUX as a source by pressing and holding the menu button (located to the left of the volume knob) then pressing the control knob up till I found the AUX options and put it on AUX2 so I wouldn't hear the audio feedback.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are two ways you can use your ipod through your HU.
1. You can use the Aux port (located in the rear of your deck), which you will have to run AUX cable and connect it to the Ipod. Mind you this set up won't charge your ipod. Have to change the source to AUX for sound.
2. Through the USB cable that is included with the system connect your ipod (From the looks of things USB connection is also in the rear of the deck). Hit the Ipod button and that should be all she wrote.
my pioneer deck does the same thing its just that when in aux mode, it will not play loud enough, i have to turn it up all the way just to hear a little sound, and i really dont know y, but when in those mods, it usually doesnt put out sound on ur subwoofer or amp rca wired on back of ur deck, and usually they do, but the power is not large enough for ur amp to pick the frequency up from ur rca wire connections. that also has happened to me before, i just usually ignore it, and just burn an mp3 cd w like hundred songs, so i dont need a ipod or mp3 player for aux.
hold down the source button to turn off the unit (unit must be off)
now hold down the function button till it beeps once it has done this press the function button i think 3 or 4 times and you will get a message on your deck unit saying (aux - on,off) turn on and press the source button to turn the unit back on to the CD or radio now press source button2 or 3 times till Aux shows up (press means push it let it go) (hold means don't take your finger off button)
hope this solves your problem
Aux input on the back depends if there was a aux button on the front and the brand of deck. If one is there then you dont need Best Buy to do it. removing the deck is not as hard as people make it seem. The best way to remove the deck to check is find a manual for removal; exp: chiltons, hayne or even get it from crutchfield. Be careful though, some decks may have the aux button and a 3.5mm jack in the back but the jack is sometimes used for a remote. So get the mauals for the deck you have and the manual for removal.