I am trying to set up the 588 for my folks but I am having a problem.
They have 4 in wall speakers and they are using the TV as the center speaker. The problem is that the TV plays what zone 2 is playing. I have checked the connections and everything seems right. Is it something with set up that Denon doesn't explain? How do I get all 5 to work with the primary zone and Zone 2 to just go to the speaker selector?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Zone 2 Setup on the RX-V773 using the ZONE2/PRESENCE Extra Speakers
The RX-V773 extra speaker terminals can power one set of speakers for Zone 2 or Presence speakers. If the extra speaker terminals are utilized then the RX-V773 cannot be set for Bi Amp (Surround Back/BI-AMP terminals).
Setting the Extra Speaker Terminals
Note: The RX-V773 remote control will be used to access the On Screen Menu of receiver.
1. Press the On Screen button on the remote control to enter the On Screen Menu.
2. The On Screen display should be displayed on the TV/Monitor.
3. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote until Setup comes up in the screen.
4. Press the Enter Button on the remote control.
5. The Setup Menu will come up across the TV/Monitor screen.
6. Use the Arrow Left & Right buttons on the remote to navigate to Speaker.
7. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote to select Manual Setup.
8. Press the Enter Button on the remote control to enter Speaker Manual Setup menu.
9. Speaker Manual Setup menu with Power Amp Assign highlighted will come up.
10. Press the Enter Button on the remote control to enter Power Amp Assign menu.
11. Speaker Manual Setup, Power Amp Assign menu will come up with Basic highlighted.
12. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote to select 7ch+1ZONE.
13. Press the Enter button on the remote to select 7ch+1ZONE.
14. Press the On Screen button to exit the on screen menu.
To control Zone 2 using the RX-V773 remote, the switch at the upper left side (above the BD/DVD Scene button) of the remote must be set to Zone 2. To see the operations on the front of the Yamaha receiver you must press the Zone Control button on the front of the receiver.
Note: Only analog signals can be sent to Zone 2. If you want to output the sound from Zone 2, connect an external component to USB Thumb drive, USB iPhone/iPod, Network, AV 5-6 or Audio 1-2 by analog connection. For AM/FM radio the antennas must be attached.
The volume keys should be working by default, but you may have volume punch through turned on (meaning the remote is sending signals for TV or CABLE volume function no matter what mode you are actually on). To unlock volume control for AUX mode, do the following: 1. Press and release AUX 2. Press and hold SETUP until the remote blinks twice 3. Type 993 4. Press and release VOL- The remote should blink four times to confirm unlock.
The infrared mentioned by the manual is most likely an extension possibility to use the remote control in each room, forget that part. What you need to do is quite simpel, after connecting all speakers, you should indicate in the setup menu of each zone which speakers are connected and do as follows: in main room select 5.1 setup, for the other zone select only the left and right front speakers. Your EXTRA SP indicates the extra speakers for 7.1 setup and when set to zone B it recognises only 1 speaker.
So read carefully the manual how to connect Zone 2 speakers and connect that way, than carefully walk through the setup menu to setup the zone 2 correctly.
Are you connected with video cables to a tv or "monitor" this is more than likely were the setup is visible for speaker configuration, input assignment etc, most denon receivers work this way so I would suspect you need to re-check the video connection until a set-up picture appears.
I have the denon as well two zones. 5 speakers inside and 2 speakers outside- can you play both zones at once? meaning can i watch tv in the 5 zone area inside. And play my IPOD in the outside speakers at the same time? PLEASE HELP! thx
This reciever does not decode the audio through HDMI, the HDMI ports are simply a pass-through. To get audio you need to connect an optical audio cable from the PS3 to the reciever also. I figured this out after 2 hours of trying to get audio from the HDMI cable. Here is a link that shows the different audio formats supported through HDMI by the different Denon models. It looks like the AVR-788 is the lowest model that supports audio through HDMI. Hope that helps.
the avr-588 apparently cannot carry sound via hdmi - don't know why; just what i found out from the geek squad at best buy; solved the problem by connecting optical cable from cable box to receiver; be sure to change the input on the receiver for opt-2 (system setup >2 inputs) to correlate with tv
We had the same problem - I think it was reset when the power went off in a storm. Went to Yamaha website (http://www.yamaha.com/yec/faq/faqdetail.html?CNTID=206010&CTID=5009135) and found the following worked:
Assigning the receivers internal amp for Zone 2:
Set the remote control [SIDE SELECTOR SWITCH] to [AMP]. (Located to the right of the volume buttons on the Remote).
Press the [SET MENU] button on the remote control.
Arrow down to Manual Setup and press the [ENTER] button on the remote control.
Arrow to the Sound Menu option and press the [ENTER] button on the remote control.
Arrow to Speaker Set and press the [ENTER] button on the remote control.
Arrow to the EXTRA SP ASSIGN and select ZONE2
Press the [RETURN] button on the remote control to exit out and return to the Manual Setup.
FIX ZONE @ SOUND - STUCK ON "ZONE 2 - FIX"
1. Press "Amp" button (right side of remote - 1/3 way down)
2. Press "Menu" button (center of remote - 1/2 way down)
3. Press "TV VOL" button (green letters) until "Manual Setup" is displayed on receiver
4. Press "Enter" button (green letters)
5. Press "TV VOL" button (green letters) until "3 Option Menu" is displayed on receiver
6. Press "Enter" button (green letters)
7. Press "TV VOL" button (green letters) until "D Multi Zone" is displayed on receiver
8. Navigate from there
Hope it helps. It worked for us.
Consult the user manual. If you don't have one, it can be downloaded free at Denon's website. Two of the speaker oututs serve multiple functions. Hookup and setup need to be checked. What you want to do is possible as long as you're only using a 5.1 setup indoors.