Question about Dishwashers
It might be the pump, or it might be an obstruction elsewhere. If you have an air gap on your sink/counter top, open it and check for debris. If it is clear, unscrew the main filter basket. There is a black plug on the left side of the bottom well and you can pull it out after removing the filter basket. Feel around for any obstruction, and see if it is clear. Pull out anything that is blocking it, and make sure that you can spin the impeller freely with your fingers.
I had an impeller break on me. It costs about $30 for the part, and is easy to replace if you are handy. Just remember to unscrew by turning clockwise. If the motor itself is bad, it's about a $75 part and about the same amount of work as changing the impeller.
Posted on Oct 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 19, 2013 | Asko D3251HDSS Stainless Steel Built-in...
Jul 22, 2012 | Asko D1776 Stainless Steel Built-in...
May 30, 2012 | Asko D1716 Built-in Dishwasher
Welcome to FixYa
F4 error in
your Asko Dishwasher is a water fill fault and this indicates and over fill
fault. To check and solve this problem please follow these steps:
1. Disconnect the power to
2. Remove the lower access panels and check the tray under the dishwasher (you will probably find it is full of water)
3. Use a towel or a sponge to remove the water
4. There is a float that should stop the operation of the dishwasher and run the pump if water is in this tray. Check this pump to see if it is functional
5. Test the dishwasher
6. If there are no leaks from the dishwasher into the pan, check the drain hose under the sink
7. THE DRAIN HOSE MUST RUN UP TO THE TOP OF THE UNDERSIDE OF THE COUNTERTOP THEN DOWN TO THE DRAIN. (If the hose is not set up like this, water from the sink drain will flow into the dishwasher and overfill the tray
back to me if you have any other questions.
Jan 01, 2011 | Asko 24 in. D3350 Dishwasher
Jan 19, 2010 | Asko D1976 Built-in Dishwasher
Aug 25, 2009 | Asko 1595 Dishwasher
Jul 07, 2009 | Asko 24 in. D3112 Free-Standing Dishwasher
Mar 20, 2009 | Asko D1876 Dishwasher
382 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!