Question about Onkyo DV-CP702 DVD Player
I need the code to unlock a DV-CP702.
1. Launch Nero.
2. In the "New Compilation" pannel:
- top left part, choose "CD" in the drop-down list
- bottom left part, choose "CD-ROM (ISO)" in the icon list
In tabs, choose following options:
- "No Multisession" must be selected
- File name length: "Max of 11 = 8 +3 chars (ISO level 1)"
- Format: "Mode 1"
- Character set: "ISO 9660"
- "Joliet": this option should be unchecked
- Volume label - ISO 9660: "PIONEER" (without quotes)
- "Write" must be checked
- "Finalize CD" MUST BE checked!!
- Write Speed: "please do not select the maximum speed but rather an other less fast if possible"!
- Write Method: "Disk-at-once"
3. Click on button "New".
4. In the right window, choose the file corresponding to firmware (ex: "Y1B01160.BIN") and drag&drop it in the window most to the left.
5. Choose the menu "Recorder\Burn Compilation..."
6. Launch burning using the "Burn" button.
7. When the burning is launched, please check the box "Verify written data", to be sure of the date written during this session.
1. Turn on the player, and open the disc tray.
2. Put the Firmware Update Disc on the tray, and close the tray.
3. A screen will be displayed inviting you to push the "play" button to start the update.
4. The player will load the data, and the tray will open again. Remove the Firmware Update Disc from the tray now. Leave the tray open. The update process will complete in few minutes.
5. Wait until the update process finishes and the DVD logo is shown on the screen.
Attention: DO NOT unplug the power cable or turn off the player during the update process.
NOTE! - This firmware is designed for a particular Pioneer model but has been "tried and tested as working for Onkyo" according to where I purchased this info. I have not tested this myself, but paid for this info so if anyone does actually try this please let me know if it works for you and if it works for you please share the info.
Posted on Apr 27, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 10, 2018 | The Audio Players & Recorders
May 10, 2017 | Onkyo Televison & Video
Jul 28, 2011 | Onkyo DV-CP702 DVD Player
Apr 16, 2010 | Onkyo DV-CP702 DVD Player
Jan 31, 2010 | Onkyo DV-SP406S DVD Player
Jan 05, 2010 | Onkyo DV-CP701 Multi-disc DVD Player
Jan 10, 2013 | Onkyo DV-CP702 DVD Player
101 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!