Question about Kenmore Dishwashers
The ''washing'' light keeps flashing on my Kenmore Quiet Guard Standard dishwasher. I can't even get it to start. I would appreciate any help.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have a Quiet Guard 4. Same problem so will describe my solution.
1. Remove bottom basket. Remove top basket.
2. Remove bottom washing arm. Unscrew (Gently but firmly) the centre post. Lift arm assembly up and out.
3. Remove overhead conduit. One screw at back, one at top (Philips #2 bit). Rotate whole assembly 45 deg right (Clockwise) and lift off of centre post.
4. Remove centre post (Pull straight up). Remove 4 screws (Star T-20 bit). Lift whole assembly out. Pop off screen and clean.
5. Remove cap over cutter/chopper. There is a single screw at front left (under assembly removed in 4). Remove screw (Star T-15 bit) and cap (Needs some wiggling to free it up). Remove cutter and filter. It is on a spring loaded pin. Pull the cutter blade foreward and then the filter disc straight up. Clean thoroughly as it may be the cause of your problems.
Reassimble. Good luck!
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
call sears, 1-800-4MY-HOME. They have a trouble-shooting department that will get rid of this problem. It is caused by water temperature being wrong at the start of the cycle.... blah, blah, blah. The representative will tell you to push a certain set of buttons in a certain order and that unlocks the dishwasher.
Sorry I don't know the sequence
Posted on Jul 01, 2008
The sequence of "Press Heated Dry, press Normal Wash, then press Heated Dry again and press Normal Wash again (that's 4 button-presses)" worked for us. Many thanks!
Posted on Oct 14, 2008
not a dumb question,
is the bottom dishes coming out clean? there is a chopper that breaks and will trap food and not clean the top rack.it is not easy to replace.but not impossible.
Posted on Oct 31, 2008
is there any function at all? if not, check thermal fuse located inside near control panel, check www.searspartsdirect.com and enter your model # to show how to take it apart. If it has functional display lights, replace main control board after ohm test on wash motor and fill valve.
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 02, 2016 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Jan 04, 2010 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Jul 30, 2009 | Dishwashers
Jun 25, 2009 | Dishwashers
Apr 17, 2009 | Kenmore 24 in. 15689 Built-in Dishwasher
Oct 23, 2008 | Kenmore 24 in. 15932 Built-in Dishwasher
Jun 08, 2008 | Kenmore 24 in. 15689 Built-in Dishwasher
616 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: