Question about Gateway GM5664 Desktop PC
I also have this problem havent got disk to factory default settings plz help i have medion mim2230
Posted on May 10, 2010
If you have the original disks, just put in the disk #1 and it will walk you through it... If not.....
You will need to have an operating system handy such as windows xp or win 7.
1. Format the drive to wipe it of all information
2. Load the operating system
3. load any drivers or specialty drivers for the sound, video, usb, lan, camera, and other periferials
4. download and update the operating systems of all of the security updates and update the antivirus definitions
5. download and install all of the add on utilities that are needed in todays world such as Firefox and Chrome browsers, Adobe flash, Winzip, Winrar, Quicktime, Realplayer, Divx video player and ac3 sound filter and many other utilities
6. Have fun.
So, how do you format a drive?
1. Reboot the system and hold down the F8 key as it boots.
2. A menu will appear. Choose 'start safemode with command prompt"
3. when the C: command prompt appears type FORMAT C:
4. The system will warn that all will be lost, type Y for yes and follow the prompts.
6. after it is done (about 30 min) put the Operating system CD in the drive.
7. Reboot the system with the disk in the drive.
8 follow the prompts and finish installing the utilities, updates, and utilities listed above
9. have fun
PLEASE VOTE 4 THUMBS UP FOR ME!!!!!
Posted on Apr 26, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 15, 2014 | IBM ThinkPad T40 2373 Notebook
Oct 02, 2013 | Dell Inspiron 1420 Laptop
Feb 19, 2013 | Acer Computers & Internet
Sep 01, 2012 | ASUS F3F Notebook
Apr 18, 2012 | ASUS Eee PC 1000H Netbook
Sep 26, 2011 | Acer TravelMate 5742 156 320GB...
May 08, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders
Sep 07, 2010 | Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 Netbook PC
Feb 08, 2014 | Gateway GM5664 Desktop PC
Aug 03, 2011 | Gateway GM5664 Desktop PC
Jan 01, 2011 | Gateway GM5664 Desktop PC
368 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: