Question about Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Our five-year-old Kenmore elite countertop microwave/convection oven (series 721-64282/3/9) has an opening on the right inside that was covered by a metalicized paper about 4''X6''. Today during normal use it caught on fire. We removed the paper, but we are not comfortable leaving it off because it will get stuffed with food spray and we think the metalicized paper might be keeping some of the microwaves from getting loose. HELP!
Time for a new cover plate or a new microwave. Depending on the age of the unit, the part may not be available anymore.
Posted on Jul 06, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: my microwave is sweating
No. This is usually a sign of poor venting or air flow. It's possible that the coling fan is not circulating the air properly due to a problem with it or maybe the air vents are blocked. Also, there needs to be a couple of inches around a countertop model on all sides - especially the back - to ensure air flow. Look for buildup on the back vent grille. You can listen for the fan to be running and feel the air flow while it's running. If it's weak or not there, it needs inspection / service. A lack of air flow can cause the magnetron to overheat and be damaged. If this is a built-in model also check your air filter, air duct work and outdoor vent flap. Write back if you still have trouble.
Posted on Mar 13, 2007
This may be due to the microwave section not working. Check the high voltage diode if it is ok, replace the Magneton.
Posted on May 30, 2009
make sure you have the oven plugged into a designated outlet...what I mean by that is...the outlet your plugging your oven into must be wired right to the fuse box by itself...because the oven will take most of the power from that one fuse for itself...also make sure the fuse is rated for what the oven needs....on the back of the oven, it will tell you how much current it takes...(???Amps), if it says 12 amps for example...the fuse should be 15 amps...if its lower that 12...it will keep blowing....if all of what I said check out then your oven has developed a short circuit...most likely the high voltage diode or magnetron....have it serviced....
Posted on Jul 25, 2009
There is a GE/Kenmore recall: http://injurylaw.reganfirm.com/2007/12/articles/defective-products/cpsc-notice-ge-ge-profile-kenmore-microwave-ovens-recalled/. I don't know if your relative's models are involved. I suggest that you file an incident report with the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Posted on Aug 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 15, 2015 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Aug 15, 2014 | Kenmore Elite 1.5 Cu. Ft. Countertop...
Mar 09, 2014 | Kenmore Elite 1.5 Cu. Ft. Countertop...
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....
Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips
Dec 26, 2010 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Jul 03, 2009 | Sharp R-1750 Microwave Oven
May 23, 2009 | Kenmore 63792 Microwave Oven
Apr 18, 2009 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Feb 21, 2009 | Kenmore 63672 Convection/Microwave Oven
Jun 06, 2008 | Kenmore 63793 Convection / Microwave Oven
Mar 12, 2007 | Kenmore 64282 Convection/Microwave Oven
84 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!