Question about Televison & Video
Mats Electronics has remotes for this TV 1-800-628-1118 $3.95 and up
Encompass Parts Distribution go to this website and type in your model number it will List Parts/ Prices available. In the mean time go to the Dollar store they will have a 4 in 1 RCA remote with code book for $6.00
I have used this remote on many different TVs it works almost all TVs.
The reset button should be on front of TV under a panel door .I also know that Mitisubishi has poor solder connections on IF and Tuner boards you may want to resolder theses boards.Your DirectTv book in the back should list TV codes for your TV to program their handunits to control your TV,if you cannot find your book then Call Them, they should be able to talk you throught in programing your TV to their hand unit.
Posted on Apr 26, 2010
The code that you had originally chosen to operate your TV should still work. If none of the Mitsubishi codes will work your TV then you will have to do a code scan. Essentially you will have to scan all of the TV codes that are in the Direct TV remote until you find the one that will operate your TV. These are the steps to do it:
1. Turn on the TV.
2. Slide the MODE switch to the TV position.
3. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys at the same time until the green light under the selected switch position flashes twice, then release both keys.
4. Enter 9-9-1 followed by the 1 key for TV.
5. Press PWR, and the other functions you want to use.
6. Point the remote at the TV and press CHAN+. Repeatedly press CHAN+ until the TV turns off.
NOTE: Every time CHAN+ is pressed the remote advances to the next code and power is transmitted to the component.
7. Use the CHAN- key to step back a code.
8. When the TV turns off, stop pressing the CHAN+ key. Then, press and release the SELECT key.
NOTE: If the light flashes 3 times before the TV responds, you've cycled through all codes and the code you need is not available. You must use the remote that came with your TV or component.
To make a note of the code that the remote is using do the following:
1. Slide the MODE switch to TV.
2. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys at the same time until the green light under the TV position flashes twice, then release both keys.
3. Enter 9-9-0. (The green light under the selected switch position flashes twice.)
4. To view the first digit in the code, Press and release then number 1 key. Wait three seconds, and count the number of times the green light flashes. Write this number down.
5. Repeat step 4 four more times for the remaining digits; i.e., press number 2 for the second digit, 3 for the third digit, 4 for the fourth digit and 5 for the final digit.
As the remote did work with your TV before the Input mishap you should be able to find a working code. If for some reason you are unable to find a working code then there is the possibility that either the remote itself or the TV chose that time to stop working. The easiest way to identify if this is the case is to have Direct TV exchange your remote for you. If you are able to program in the code that originally worked for you then your original remote stopped working correctly. If however you are unable to either scan a code or input the original one then you have an issue with your TV.
Posted on Apr 25, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 27, 2016 | Mitsubishi WS-65905 65" Rear Projection...
Jun 09, 2010 | Mitsubishi WS-65311 65" Rear Projection...
Sep 29, 2009 | Mitsubishi WS-55819 55" Rear Projection...
Mar 12, 2009 | Mitsubishi WS-65311 65" Rear Projection...
Feb 02, 2009 | Mitsubishi WS-65311 65" Rear Projection...
Dec 08, 2008 | Mitsubishi WS-65311 65" Rear Projection...
Mar 29, 2008 | Mitsubishi WS-65611 65" Rear Projection...
148 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!