I was downloading movies from limewire, and my lcd screen went blank. It sounded like a lightbulb blown out. When I put a bright light against the screen, I can see that all of the functions are working properly! It just seems as if the bulb got 90% dimmer. Is there a site repair to fix the problem?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sounds like it has blown the backlight on your screen, Yes it is fixable. You will have to pay a repair shop to replace the entire lcd unless you take it apart yourslef and get the screen model number from the rear of it and google or ebay it and buy one a fit yourself. Expect to pay approx £200 to get it repaired or £80 to buy the screen yourself. Hope this helped.
I have had a similar issue with an LCD monitor and the issue was not with the inverter itself but the backlights. They can go bad and short (which is where my issue was. Once they were removed the screen was working again (the lights needed replaced).
Hope this helps!
If the LCD display worked until the processor over heated and then went blank, and would work again once it cooled down, then yes I do. As you described above, the screen going blank and blank still on reboot ( no time to cool down ), then the next day the LCD displayed again ( cooled down over night ). Appears to be directly related to the over heating problem. But if the display problem progressed to the point that the PC would boot up cold and the display was still blank, then I would think your graphics card will need repair.
One of 2 things happened....
1) You Blew the Power Inverter... The Power inverter is a thin rectangular circuit board that plugs into the display panel cable and also powers the LCD Bulb.. If This Part Fails - You Lose Light to the Display even though the display will still be on and viewable against a bright light....
2) The LCD Bulb is Faulty... When the LCD Bulb Fails it will typically give pre-warning signs- though not always.... It will give signs like the whole screen has a light orange or pinkish tone to it, but eventually it will blow and no light at all to the Display Panel....
Both Of These Are Repairable....
The Power Inverter Can Be Purchased Off of Ebay, For Around $15 to $30
The LCD Bulb Itself is also Replaceable.. Though It is a Job Only to Be Performed By An Experienced Laptop Tech... Bulbs as well can be bought off of ebay for a few bucks..