So our washing machine stopped working a while ago, just the water wasnt coming through but the spin worked, it just hums, we paid a guy $80 to come and look at it and alls he had to do was reset the washer but pressing a button or something, well its now doing the same thing but I dont want to pay him to come and do it again and I forgot how, so does anyone know how to reset the machine?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: How do you reset the washer?
Not really a reset button on these machines, water not coming into machine??? but its spinning?? when water attemps ot come in you hear it humming??? sounds like your water supply is turned off, silly question but did some on return off the water supply??
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This advice is for all Whirlpool manufactured TOP LOADING washing machines. This includes Kenmore, Estate and Roper models as well. This is an easy repair that anyone with a little know-how and determination can perform.
First of all, unplug your washer. You will need to remove the console in order to get to the lid switch. The washer may have release tabs under the console at each front corner. Simply slide a putty knife straight in from the front at each corner and push in while lifting up. You should feel the release tabs push in and the console will pop up.
If not equipped with this type of console, you may have a console that has removable end caps. They can be removed by gently prying up on the top of them from the rear on each side. You may have to use a small screwdriver for this. The caps should pop right off. Once removed, you will need to loosen a screw under each cap. Once you have the console loosened, carefully lift it up and lay it back over the rear panel of the washer in its resting position. Be careful not to damage the small plastic hinges that hold it in place. Now you will need to perform the following steps:
1. Under the console you will find the white plastic lid switch connector plug. Unplug the switch from the connector.
2. There will be two brass colored clips. You will need to remove these to remove the machine casing. Place a flat blade screwdriver straight down into the opening on top of the washer and into the groove of the clip. Push the screwdriver away from you while holding into the groove and the clip will release.
3. Open the lid of the washer and place your hand under the front rim of the opening (DO NOT grab the wash tub). Now pull the case from the frame by lifting from the back first.
You do not have to remove it all the way from the frame, just enough to gain access to the switch. All there is to the switch is a couple of screws holding it in and a ground wire. It's a pretty easy repair job. Some models will have the switch located on the right-hand side of the lid rim opening, while other models will have the switch located adjacent to one of the lid hinges in the rear.
Once you've completed your switch installation, make sure you get the case back on the frame correctly by following these steps:
1. While looking down through the lid opening, place the front lip of the machine case UNDER the washer frame and start leaning it back onto the frame. There are four small cleats that must fit into four slots on the case or the washer will vibrate. Make sure the frame is seated properly, lean forward from the front of the washer, grasp both sides of the rear panel and pull towards the case. The rear panel should be seated and flush with the casing before inserting the retaining clips.
2. Insert the brass-colored clips into the slot on the washer rear panel first (this is the end of the clip with the 90 degree bend), and then push straight down into the opening on the top of the washer with some force. If you have the case seated correctly, the clips will snap back in.
3. Make sure you plug the connector from the console back into the lid switch receptacle BEFORE you reassemble the console. This is easy to forget.
I have a GE WBSR3000GWS Model and it stopped spinning at one point as well. My service guy came out and did the procedure below and reset it with in minutes.
How to Reset your GE Washer : 1.Turn the dial like your going to wash a load but do not pull the knob. 2.Unplug the washer from the wall and wait for 30 seconds. 3.Plug the washer back into the wall. 4.Lift the lid 5 times to at least 6 inches high. Open/Close within 15 secs. 5.Pause… You should here a click. If you do not, then repeat 1 – 5 again. 6.Insert a towel or garment into the washer and then pull knob to start the wash cycle. 7.Check the wash cycle to make sure the washer is agiating and spinning during its cycle. GE Answer Center : 1-800-626-2000 opt 3 - for more information Lale
Click on your brand name (below FIXYA) on this website, type in your model number & search. You will get a shortlist; click on your model,below the page u will get Manual/Guides. Click on the blue, you have your manual on line. You may get something there on re-setting. And dont forget to rate me on this great site. First try "end of cycle" for 5 seconds