- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This seems to a hardware problem. Resetting the machine fixes it most of the time.
There are many levels in reset, please try the the next level if the 1st did not fix.
* Turn OFF the machine, disconnect the power cable from backside of the machine and from wall outlet. * Press and hold the Power button for 60 seconds. * Connect the cable and turn ON the machine.
* Remove the power cable from back side of the machine while its ON. * Press and hold "#" and "3" button, while holding them both insert the power cable and release the button after 10 seconds. * If machine turns OFF, press power button to turn it ON.
* Remove the ink cartridges. * Remove the power cable from back side of the machine while its ON. * Press and hold "#" and "6" button, while holding them both insert the power cable and release the button after 10 seconds. * If machine turns OFF, press power button to turn it ON. * Insert the ink cartridges.
* Remove the ink cartridges. * Remove the power cable from back side of the machine while its ON. * Press and hold "OK" and "Cancel" button, while holding them both insert the power cable and release the button after 10 seconds. * If machine turns OFF, press power button to turn it ON. * Insert the ink cartridges.
2: Open the front or top control panel Make sure not to force the door open.
3:Locate the ink cartridge. Gently pull the cartridge out. Set the cartridge aside.
4:Take the new cartridge out of the package and reserve the packaging. Remove the protective covers over the copper connectors.
5:Insert the new cartridge into the fax machine with the brand label toward you. Now place the old cartridge into the plastic wrapping and box that you reserved from the new cartridge. Recycle the old cartridge or dispose of it in the garbage.
6:Close the fax machine's access panel. Turn the fax machine's power back on.
1:Touching the copper connectors on the ink cartridge could damage the cartridge.
2:Make sure that you purchase the correct cartridge for your fax machine. Purchasing the wrong one could damage the cartridge or your fax machine.
good luck .
please don't forget to rate !
Yes , if the fax machine says low ink or toner , then it needs it alos check the drum corona wire, It may need cleaning, and you can clean it using a #2 lead pencil eraser, Gently in the wire, then replace wire and try receiving a fax.
Is this connected to a computer? if so you can run head cleaning utility from the print driver properties. This will pump ink to the head and flush out the clogs. That is the easist way to make sure you don't have a head problem. If it is not connect to the PC then scroll thru the menu to see if there is a maintanence section and look for head cleaning.
it will not send or receive a fax if the error is still there. Clear the error by trying these steps:
-open cartridge door and remove the cartridge
-unplug the power cord at the back of printer
-after 30 seconds, plug the cord and turn on the printer. It will ask for the cartridge.
-Open the cartridge door and insert the cartridge
-close the access door
-if the error is cleared, try faxing again.
Try making a copy of something.
If the copy comes out the same way as your faxes, then the ink cartridge is either dirty or clogged.
You can try removing the cartridge and checking the bottom of it.
You can even wipe the bottom of the cartridge with some denatured alcohol.
If this doesnt work, then purchase a new cartridge and your problem should be solved.
Good luck. Hope this helps. Mac =)