Question about Hardware & Accessories

1 Answer

We have a Kohler Kitchen pull down faucet K-R596. The on and off handle unit is coming apart. According to the Installation guide there is a screw on the bottom of the handle which I am assuming would allow one to remove the handle repair or reassemble it and then put it back together. There is a hole on the bottom of the handle but if there is a screw is it way up in this hole and do I need a special tool to remove it? I am unable to get a small eye glass screwdriver to find the tip of a screw. I thought perhaps the screw was missing and that was the problem but I am unable to just pull the handle off ~ so can you help me figure this out? thank you

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 94 Answers

The screw is most likely a hex head (allen) screw, and a small size that i am not sure of , and may be metric.

Posted on Apr 27, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

R596-SD-CP Single Handle Pull Down - Only a trickle of water is coming from the faucet head. C&H water Shutoff valves are wide open

Unscrew the nozzle on the faucet and flush out the screen. If it does not unscrew, do a search on your model for the proper way to remove. Good luck!

Apr 09, 2016 | Plumbing

1 Answer

How do you install part gp75878

You need patience/care to open up the faucet and replace the parts.

See if you can understand the diagram on page 15 of the installation guide. The link to the guide is:

Jan 28, 2014 | Kohler Model 10430: Fort® Single-control...

1 Answer

How can i disassemble the sprayer handle on my kohler a112.18.1m kitchen faucet


Aug 27, 2012 | Kohler Plumbing

1 Answer

How does the bonnet on the kohler K-10430 come off?

After removing the oval button cap on the back of the handle loosen the set screw behind it and pull the handle up. The bonnet is threaded so hold the faucet body with one hand (I used a gel hot pad for a better grip) and turn the bonnet counterclockwise. Be careful not to let the entire faucet body turn or it may loosen the bottom bolt that keeps it pulled down onto the base o-ring. Then remove the nut in the same manner and you can simply pull the valve body straight up. To install just reverse this procedure.

Aug 09, 2011 | Kohler K-10430-VS Fort½ Single Lever...

1 Answer

How do I open the body of K-10430 apart to replace the valve cartridge kit that's leaking

The handle has a allen set screw loosen that until the handle comes off then the bonnet nut will unscrew revealing the bonnet cap and washer the cartridge should be under that most kohler's require a special tool to remove cartridge(turn water to faucet off prior to working on faucet,also note how everything is removed it needs to be replaced in same order especially the cartridge,also you should use plumbers grease to coat all seal when replacing everything).

Jun 03, 2011 | Kohler Model 10430: Fort® Single-control...

1 Answer

Upper O rings leak. How do I take the units apart to get at these rings on the handles and on the spout?

handles are secured with small allan screw in back.then the escutcheon unscrews,then valve stem unscrews,use a little plumbers grease when reassembling.spout collar un screws might be really tight, then wiggle wiggle spout while pulling up.grease o rings when reassembling.

Jan 28, 2011 | Kohler K-16109-4-CP Revival Kitchen Sink...

1 Answer

How do you remove the tri handle?

You just pull the handles straight off the faucet. There are no screws or bolts holding the handles. Only a friction guide attached to the faucet stem. You can see this guide in the Grohe Classic Kitchen/Bar Faucet 31.057.000 installation instructions.

Dec 12, 2010 | Grohe Classic Kitchen/Bar Faucet ...

2 Answers

Faucet handle stuck

try puting boiling hot water on the bottom of handle push down on the handle then pull up .

Feb 27, 2009 | Kohler K-10416-BN Fort½ Single Control...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Hardware & Accessories Logo

Related Topics:

138 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Hardware & Accessories Experts

Gene Haynes

Level 3 Expert

5245 Answers

Craig Butler
Craig Butler

Level 3 Expert

1723 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

17328 Answers

Are you a Hardware and Accessory Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides