Question about GE Spectra JBP78 Electric Kitchen Range
Another problem you may see with this (I just fixed it) is a short in the yellow wire. Connected to the right side of the lower burner element. Here are my step by step instructions to fix on JBP78W-Y5:
1. Go ahead and pull the stove out, turn it off. Great chance to clean around it.
2. Undo the screws inside holding the burner in place.
3. Remove the two metal covers on the back.
4. You now have easy access to the terminals on the back of the burner element. Those things slide off, but it may take some doing if they are corroded.
5. The yellow wire connects to the control board at the top. We needed to pry this away from the board GENTLY with a flathead screwdriver.
6. Cut off the burnt end, and put a new AMP Female Disconnect on for 16 gauge wiring. You'll need wire regular strippers/crimpers, and I also needed a razor to cut the rubber. Must be a special coating because my stippers wouldn't touch it.
7. Take that burner out and sand off any corrosion off the leads.
8. Put the burner back in place and tighten it up.
9. Put the two leads back on the burner the way they were and the yellow one on the controller.
10. Plug it in and check if the element will heat up.
11. Works? Great. Turn it off, put the covers back on and put it back in place. All done.
Posted on Jun 13, 2010
just lift the loop part and then pull out, away from the two end parts...the element will just slide out...it may take some force to get it to release...you may have to hold onto the plug end and pul it apart one terminal at a time...
Posted on Apr 25, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 01, 2015 | Dacor Epicure ERD36 Dual Fuel (Electric...
on Mar 31, 2010 | Maytag MER6772 Gemini Electric Kitchen...
May 22, 2010 | GE Hotpoint 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Feb 27, 2010 | Ovens
Jul 13, 2009 | GE Spectra JBP78 Electric Kitchen Range
Jan 01, 2009 | GE Spectra JBP78 Electric Kitchen Range
Dec 02, 2008 | Whirlpool GY396 Electric Kitchen Range
Nov 02, 2008 | Whirlpool GR465LXLS Electric Kitchen Range
Sep 05, 2008 | GE JBP68 CleanDesign Electric Kitchen...
Sep 29, 2016 | GE Spectra JBP78 Electric Kitchen Range
Nov 06, 2017 | GE Spectra JBP78 Electric Kitchen Range
325 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: