An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: disc read error on playstation 2
Tienes que limpiar el laser manualmente con un cotonete impregnado de alcohol isopropilico limpiar el lente cuidadosamente primero con el lado humedo y despues con el lado seco quitar los residuos que hallan quedado si no funciona con esto trata de darle un ajuste al laser.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The PlayStation 2 was infamous for the number of disc read errors that occurred. There are a number of causes for this problem and a number of fixes:
Clean the disc: Dust or smudges from fingerprints can cause disc reading problems. Use a high quality cleaning cloth and remove all smudges from the disc by lightly wiping outward from the center hub. Do not use a circular motion.
Clean the disc drive: If not the disc itself, dust buildup in the drive is often the culprit. For the tech savvy, you may remove the disc drive, and gently clean the assembly with a cleaning cloth. For a less intrusive approach, use a can of compressed air, and attempt to blow the dust out from the vents and the disc tray, though this may also cause dust to settle where it is not desired.
Repair the disc: If your game disc is scratched, it is sometimes possible to recover the disc with a disc repair kit.
Ensure proper venthilation: To avoid overheating, make sure that your PlayStation 2 is placed in a well ventilated area, and that the vents are not obstructed.
1) Your disc is dirty, damaged, or scratched. To fix this just clean it gently with a wet cloth, if it still doesnt work you can take it to a game store to have it cleaned there. It is possible that it is scratched to much and is unable to read at all.
2) Your Playstation 2's reading laser has become damaged or dirty. I suggest blowing air through the system with your mouth or preferably a can of compressed air which can be purchase at most retail stores.
The 'Disc Read Error' error message, 'Please Insert a Playstation 2 Formatted Disc' error message, or the 'No Data' error message is an indicator by your system that the console is having difficulty reading the game disc. This could be for many reasons; usually this is because the game disc is damaged or unreadable. However, in some situations, this can be a sign of a more serious issue with your Sony PlayStation 2. Try all of the steps listed below to troubleshoot the error:
Check the game disc.
1. If there are any noticeable scratches or smudges on the surface of the game disc, try to clean them off by using a non-abrasive cotton cloth. Note: Do not rub hard and do not rub in a circular motion as this could further damage the game disc. 2. If there aren’t any noticeable scratches or smudges on the surface of the game disc, try using that game disc in another PlayStation 2.
* If the game disc works in another system, this is an indicator that your PlayStation 2 may be damaged. For information on getting your system repaired or replaced, you will want to contact Sony directly for assistance at 1-800-345-SONY. * If the game disc does not work in another system, this is a good indicator that the disc is damaged or defective. To acquire a replacement game disc, you will want to refer to your manual for warranty information specific to your product.
Some Playstation systems, especially the older models, have trouble reading some newly manufactured Playstation 2 game disks. Sony recommends using their Auto Diagnosis tool (http://www.us.playstation.com/support/ps2/hardwaresystem/default.html) to resolve this issue.
Disc read errors are mainly due to weak or dirty lens you should try cleaning lens first. When your PS2 lens is covered by dust it wont allow laser to read disc so its better to clean your PS2 lens first,if problem still exists then your PS2 lens is weak and you will have to take it to Sony repairer for service.I recommend all of PS2 owners to keep their PS2 at dust free environment.
Watch this video it will help you to learn how to clean your PS2,its easy you can do it at home. Wish you good luck and hope cleaning lens will solve your problem. Thank you!
ok, i recommend 1st making sure all the PS2 games are clean, and scratch free..then...wait, wat version is the counsel?..V-7(most common large) or a V-10 (slim)...well, in any case..open her up, give it a spray down with a O2 can...then check the lense..."clean if nesisary"...i have also noticed with playstation2 games...that if u leave the disc laying upside down for month...and dust collects on the disc...that dust not coming off...
Confirm the disc is inserted
correctly into the PlayStation 2 console (label side should be facing
up when the PlayStation 2 console is in the horizontal position).
the disc is clean. To clean a disc, use lint-free cleaning cloths made
specifically for cleaning CD/DVD discs, sold at computer software
stores. When cleaning the disc, we recommend starting from the
innermost circle, and wiping out to the edge in a straight line. We do
not recommend wiping in a circular motion, as it may create more
scratches on the disc. [Note: Other materials, such as a paper towel
or a T-shirt, may also scratch the disc. If there are any scratches,
smudges, or fingerprints on the disc, it may not function properly.]
Try playing different CDs, DVDs, and games on the PlayStation 2 console to see if the problem exists across multiple discs.
To determine if the problem is with the disc itself, try playing the disc on a different PlayStation 2 console (or a PS oneTM or a standalone CD/DVD player, if applicable).
that you are not using any game modification devices. Unlicensed
devices such as game modification devices can interfere with the proper
function of the software. We do not recommend the use of any game
modification devices or unlicensed products.
After extensive research on this subject and working on several Playstation II systems. I found out the reason your system will play only blue disks and not silver is a alignment problem with the laser. It could be tilted or set to high or low. The quickest solution is to call Sony and get a new laser with the shuttle.
If i am not mistaken it cost 50.00 and just go to the playstation site select support and it will explain in full detail how to take your system apart and replace the laser and shuttle.
i had the same problem with mine it's just that you playstaion is broke you need to have a new one i know why don't you ask for one like i did thing about it somthing good comes out of it you get to have a new playstaion