Question about Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Model # 721 66292500 Microwave / Toaster Combo Microwave runs but it will not heat.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: microwave toaster combo
F1 usually means a shorted keypad or a problem with the control circuit board. A bad keypad may be worn out due to age, damaged, or it may have gotten wet or otherwise contaminated. Moisture and contamination can be caused by not using the fan when boiling on the stove top (for over the range models), direct spraying of cleaners, by storing the microwave in an unheated garage or shed, or infestation. I warn my customers to never spray cleaner directly onto the microwave keypad, since the liquid can get inside and "lock up" or even ruin the keypad or controller. Apply an alcohol-based cleaner (such as the purple kind) to a cloth (since paper towels can scratch) and gently wipe it off. I suggest to my customers that they NEVER use any ammonia-based cleaner (like the blue stuff) on a microwave, since the ammonia will crack and distort polycarbonate plastics. You may have to contact LG support to see what that error code is and to find a local servicer: http://us.lge.com/support/support.jsp
Posted on May 17, 2007
SOURCE: replace handle on microwave oven
The part number for a new handle is 820941 and costs approx. $19. If you already have the part and are wanting to install it follow these steps:
You can either do this with the door in place, or remove it. To remove it, you open the door all the way and push up at the hinges. The door should lift off the hinge pins.
1. On the back side of the door (the side that faces the interior of the oven) is a plastic facing around the perimeter of the glass.
2. There should be a series of slots or grooves around the facing that you can place a small screwdriver in.
3. Carefully (I cannot emphasize this enough) lift around the facing until it comes loose. You may not have to remove it all the way around the door. Sometimes you can gain enough access by lifting on the side where the door handle it mounted.
4. Under the door facing are the mounting bolts (or screws). Remove broken handle and install new handle.
5. Reinstall components in the reverse order as stated before.
If you are waiting to order the part for your oven, you can get it at repairclinic.com. The part will be shipped directly do you for a nominal shipping fee.
This should be a fairly simple repair that only takes about 10-15 minutes.
Again, be careful with the door. If you break it, a replacement door costs over $200! Good luck and let me know if I can help further.
Posted on Jan 18, 2008
SOURCE: microwave no heat
The "HUMM" indicates a breakdown in the High Voltage Side. The loud "POP" was the breakdown. You have only four Components in the High Voltage side.
1. High Voltage Transformer. You can eliminate this as the problem. Why? If it was the problem it would have blown the line fuse, and would have given off a burned transformer smell.
2. High Voltage Diode. Usually will Burn or Pop when shorted, but will then OPEN the Circuit and there is no "HUMM".
3. High Voltage Capacitor.This is the Silver Can with the two terminals on top. It can SHORT internaly between the plates (the two terminals) and give the "HUMM".
4. Magnetron. This is my number one suspect. A SHORTED Magnetron.
Posted on Feb 03, 2008
It sounds like you press STOP two or three times to lock it. Maybe that (or another key) will unlock it.
The lock / unlock procedure will be covered in your owner's manual.
Or you can try a hard reset - unplug it from the wall for one minute, then plug it back in and try again.
If you don't have your manual, you can get one here. (Enter your model number without any spaces)
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jul 01, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 12, 2017 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Mar 18, 2013 | Microwave Ovens
Apr 24, 2012 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 08, 2012 | Sanyo Microwave Ovens
Mar 07, 2012 | LG Microwave Ovens
Nov 22, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 11, 2009 | Frigidaire PLMB209DC Microwave Oven
Jul 29, 2008 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven
May 04, 2008 | LG LTM9000 Microwave Oven
69 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!