There are no officially supported Windows 7 or Windows Vista drivers for the Canon BJC-85 printer. If you have the 64 bit version of Windows 7, then you have no choice other than to buy a new printer or use this printer in Windows XP Mode. If you have Windows 7 64 bit then please post back here with that information or create a new FixYa problem, and I will help you set up XP Mode so that you can use your printer. If you don't know whether you have 64 bit or 32 bit Windows 7, then please follow these steps.
1. Press Win+R to open the Run command.
2. Type "MSINFO32
" into the dialog box and press enter.
3. Look for item "System Type" and note whether the value is x64 or x86. (x86 means you have a 32 bit OS)Assuming you have the 32 bit version of Windows 7:
1. Go ahead and download and install the XP drivers by following the link and clicking on "I Agree - Begin Download". Here are the drivers for Windows XP:
2. Save file to the Desktop for easy access.
3. Right click on the downloaded file and select "Properties".
4. Select the Compatibility tab and check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2)".
5. If the installer completes, then restart the computer and attempt to print from the Canon.If the installer fails follow the next set of directions:
1. Make sure the printer is plugged in, turned on, and connected to the computer via USB.
2. Press Win+R to open Run command.
3. Type "DEVMGMT.MSC
" and press enter.
4. Look for a device that has a yellow exclamation point next to it. If you have more than one, look for a device that says "USB Input Device" or "Unknown USB Input Device".
5. Right click on the device that has a yellow exclamation point next to it and select Properties
6. Click the Driver tab
and select Update Driver
7. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
8. Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
9. Scroll down to "Printers" and select Next
10. Click "Have Disk" and select "Browse"
11. Browse to "C:\Temp\bjc85Win2kXPv150" and select "bjc85.inf" and then click Open and then OK.
12. Ignore all errors that Windows gives you and install the driver, restart the computer, and attempt to print.
Good luck, post back if you have any difficulties, and thanks for using FixYa,