- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You have not set a (male or female) voice to be used by your Tomtom One device: use 'Change preferences' -> use Right arrow to get second creen for your preference 2 of 5 -> 'Change voie' -> scroll to 'select a voice' -> Click 'Test' to hear selected voice sample dialog -> Finally, click 'Select' when you are happy with the selected voice. If you need additional voices, use TomTom Home to download them. Hope it helps: let me know how you go!
1. Once you have turned on your TomTom tap the screen.
2. Tap 'Change preferences'
3. Tap the arrow to get to page 2 of Preferences
4. Tap 'Change voice'
5. Tap arrows until you get a computer voice - I chose Samantha.
6. Tap the 'Select' button to the right of the voice picture.
7. This screen is labelled 'Speech preferences' and the first one is 'Read aloud street names'
8. Tap the box to the right to select this preference.
There are some voices you can change, use the webupdater from garmin to see what they have on stock, and while you're there update the firmware too. Don't install stuff you don't need language wise....
In order to change your car icon apart from the icons that are already on it you must first download additional icons which are available from the Garmin.com Website and then transfer those from your computer to your Nuvi - see Page 21 of the Owner's Manual available by download from Garmin.com To change the voice touch Settings on the right side of your Main Scree which then provides 6 Sub Menus, one of which is Locale choose Locale and then the bar identified by the Set of Lips will allow you to change the language of the voice and from Male to Female (page 46 of the Owner's Manual)