Question about Plumbing

1 Answer

Cracked housing on a 1 1/2 hp water ace pump.Model #r15l, are new housings available and if so were?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 1,378 Answers

Thank you for posting your question here on

Water Ace sells direct to the public. Call them at (800) 942-3343 for parts.

If this answer does not fix your problem, please comment with additional details prior to rating the answer. Positive feedback is appreciated once your problem is solved!


Posted on Apr 24, 2010

  • Mar Panelo
    Mar Panelo Apr 25, 2014

    I just called that number and its not worth the money you have to pay including the shipping, more than the value of the whole pump itself. Isntead, they suggested to go to Tru-Value or Ace hardware stores.

  • Mar Panelo
    Mar Panelo Apr 25, 2014

    The part # to be exact is 26182D 020 - cast iron front volute.



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Cracked water pump

You should be able to replace the housing if you contact the manufacturer.

Mar 12, 2014 | Utilitech 1-HP Cast Iron Shallow Well Jet...

1 Answer

Need parts

you can try ace hardware, but i think these are throw away items. 1/6 hp is very small, probably less expensive to just replace it.

Nov 06, 2013 | ACE Submersible Utility Pump 1/6 HP 115 V...

1 Answer

I have a Flotec 1/2 hp jet pump. Is it posible to get just the pump housing. Mine froze cracked the housing?

Use Google and put in Flotec parts.
I did that and several parts dealers came up.
Pick one and put in your model number.
I'm sure you can find a housing, the pump that I looked at had one available.

Jan 29, 2011 | Flotec 1/2hp Cyclone Pump

2 Answers

Pump Housing is cracked. Can I replace the pump housing only?

To the best of my knowledge the housing is available seperatly but it is not cost effective in my estimation. I would try to use a epoxy type glue such as pro-poxy 20 or J.B weld and try to repair it. Hope this helps you and thanks.

Jan 02, 2011 | Simer ACE5S ACE5S Pump Well 1/2HP Ace 5S

1 Answer

Pump housing is cracked and lealing. Is there any

the pump housing is available through your local pool dealer. It is broken down into 3 sections the pump, housing and Pod.

The Pool Tech

Jul 01, 2010 | Jacuzzi MAGNUM FORCE POOL PUMP 2 HP...

2 Answers

What is the correct method to install water pump

Hello. Make sure the metal surfaces are all perfectly clean and sanded smooth with emery cloth. make sure the gaskets fit well. if not trim them. Finally if all else fails use some gasket cement to insure a leak proof water pump. This gasket cement is a common item available at most hardware and auto parts stores. Joe

May 07, 2010 | John Deere Tractor 50, 60, 70, ITJD10

2 Answers

Water is leaking from the base of the Badger 1. Appears to be coming out of the reset switch. Can i repair this?

There's only one repairable thing on a garbage dispostal, and that is where the pipe (drain) comes out. If it is leaking from there, it can be fixed. If not, it means the housing is cracked and you need a new one. PS don't turn the disposal on since it's leaking from the electrical connection!

Feb 13, 2010 | Ace Hardware InSinkErator Badger 5, 1/2 HP...

1 Answer

My pump is leaking from the housing, not at a joint, but from the middle, like the housing cracked, but it only leaks when it turns on.

My roof is the same way ... only leaks when it is raining. Can't fix it in the rain and can't find it in the sun.

For best results, replace the pump. You may find the parts from the manufacturer. As you replace the part, you will discover there is stuff inside that will not only revolt you, it will make replacing the cracked casting more difficult.

If it is a small crack, you might be able to patch it with a procuct called MarineTex available at Ace Hardware, or other fine store in your area. If you live in an area where boating is a big past time, look at the Marina for this product.

Oh, BTW, I might have called it the wrong name, it is a two part exply boat repair kit product. Expect to pay $20.00 for a small supply.

Thanks for your interest in

Jan 14, 2010 | Grundfos MQ3-45 1 HP Pressure Booster...

1 Answer

Water flows out the flange where the motor

dont no were you are,but did it freeze,loose,gasket trouble,is the centre housing cracked?

Dec 08, 2009 | Pentair Pinnacle 1 1/2 - Hp In Ground Pool...

1 Answer

Model 2305 pump. Housing is cracked. Can I buy

since the pumps cost is only about $40 i doubt that they make after market housings for it and i could not find any

Sep 25, 2009 | Simer 1/6 Hp Submersible Utility Pump

Not finding what you are looking for?
Plumbing Logo

Related Topics:

738 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Plumbing Experts

Andrew Bugbee

Level 2 Expert

259 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

45036 Answers

Gil Shultz

Level 3 Expert

3382 Answers

Are you a Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides