Question about GE JVM2070 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Fuse blown How long shoud I wait after the microwave is unplugged to remove the cover---to avoid electric potential?

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 2,468 Answers

Most have a resistor in parallel with the hi voltage capacitor,but always use an insulated screw driver to double check and discharge the cap to be on the safe side,but normally with in 30 minutes

Posted on Apr 24, 2010

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

My microwave is not heating anything. I tried different heating buttons, is unplugged it and replied it and nothing worked. This unit is about 3 1\2 yes old. Any ideas? Thanks


I am assuming that the microwave comes on and the timer starts? If this is the case then the 'magnatron' (the actual microwave emitting bit) has stopped working. It could be as simple as a blown fuse, a blown rectifier diode or the magnatron unit itself. If you want to have a go yourself, wait at LEAST half an hour after turning off and disconnecting the unit before you take the cover off to check anything. BE AWARE THAT THERE ARE VERY HIGH VOLTAGES BEING GENERATED. Without electrical knowledge and equipment just check the basics

May 07, 2018 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My Intellichef microwave model #K0936 has stopped working. I've tried different outlets but the microwave is not responding. Is there an internal fuse that has blown or is the microwave dead?


If the fuse is blown the microwave will be "dead". The fuse is accessed by removing the cover. You can usually find the fuse by following the power cord into the microwave. Unplug the microwave and don't touch anything except the fuse as the capacitor can hold an electrical charge.

Nov 02, 2017 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

How do i replace blown fuse in sharp microwave mdl 4A59


Remove the outer cover but be aware that doing so exposes you to dangerous, potentially lethal, voltages even with power removed. Find the fuse and replace it with one known to be good. Reinstall the outer cover and test.

Nov 10, 2016 | Sharp Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Model 1880LS. How do I replace the fuse?


You will have to remove the outer cover. You should be aware that doing so exposes you to potentially lethal voltages, even with power disconnected.

Dec 24, 2015 | Sharp Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My microwave does not heat up food. It now makes a loud sound when turned on. The fan and light work though. I have a Kenmore 665.60652000


if its under warranty just bring it back to the store or in the authorized service center. if not try this simple steps before you call a local repairman. unplug the unit from the wall socket. to avoid electric shock wait for a day before you proceed to steps two.... unscrew the unit to remove the protective cover. check if the high voltage fuse is okay. if not. check the high voltage capacitor and the magnetron.... ty

Jun 23, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

It's completely dead?? Not sure what happened. Power supply is fine.


Microwaves that suddenly loose power could have many causes with the easiest being a blown fuse inside the cabinet of the oven. To check for this unplug the unit and remove the screws that hold the cabinet in place. Be sure to not touch any of the electrical components inside to avoid shock. Visually follow the path the power cord takes as it enters the unit. The fuse ( usually clear glass with metal ends and cylindrical in shape ) should be located not far from where it enters the cabinet. Once located use a fuse puller or other means to carefully remove the fuse to check the element inside. If the fuse is blown take it to a hardware or electronics store for replacement. These fuses are cheap as this has happened to me before. Good luck!

Jun 19, 2011 | Whirlpool MH6110XE Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I have a microwave (Emerson Model#MW8111 SS and after removeing the cover to determine why I am not getting power I found a switch in line with the nuetral wire that is some sort of Klixon. It appears to...


The thermal fuse cuts off power to the microwave if the microwave overheats. To determine if the thermal fuse has blown, use a multimeter to test it for continuity. If the fuse does not have continuity, replace it. The thermal fuse cannot be reset-if the fuse is blown, it must be replaced. (Caution: The microwave oven can store thousands of volts of electricity in its high voltage capacitor, even after the microwave oven has been unplugged. Due to the potential for electric shock, it is extremely dangerous to replace the electronic components in a microwave. Only a licensed technician should replace the thermal fuse.)

Jan 12, 2018 | Emerson Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Over the range microwaveoven worked flawlessly then bang it quit.it looks like its been unpluged but no. I tested the electrica outlet and ther is power. Is there a reset button within the microwave that...


you have a blown fuse.unplug the microwave. remove the vent by unscrewing the 2 screws holding it in place. gently pull vent grill forward to remove. open the door, and remove the screw holding the control panel in place. remove the metal plate being held in place by that screw. inside that panel is your blown fuse. remove the fuse and replace. reassemble the microwave. plug it back in.

Feb 08, 2011 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My spacemaker stopped working and no panel lights. It's not the circuit breaker. Any ideas? model JVM140001


Could be the fuse inside the microwave is blown. You will need to unplug the microwave and remove the front control panel. Inisde the microwave housing you will need to trace the electrical wire coming into the unit. Usually you will find the in-line fuse located on the black power wire. You can pull the connectors off the fuse and test it with a continuity tester. If the fuse is blown replace it but make sure you use the same amp rated fuse as you removed. If the fuse blows again then there is an electrical short somewhere in the microwave.

Dec 24, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

2 Answers

GE spacemaker otr microwave - place of fuse - how


Remove the cover. Find the fuse probably on the floor of the machine. Of course, unplug it first.

Get a replacement at your hardware store

Nov 13, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
GE JVM2070 Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

92 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top GE Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9098 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

vince

Level 3 Expert

1216 Answers

Are you a GE Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...