Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
In this manual on page 117 (Network communication set up) it's mentioned how you can change/set the ip address of you printer:
1. connect the printer to the network
2. access the system administrator set up screen (see manual on link above): a. select access b. enter administrator password: #22222 (or the one configured as the one noted as the default password)
3. Access the TCP/IP network setup screens
a. select Print Setups
b. select Protocol Setups
c. select TCP/IP
4. configure the IP address
usually a dhcp server (it may be regular router if your printer is connected to small home/business router the one that provides dhcp services) the one responsible for automatically providing ip address configuration but if you need to manually configure ip addressing select Address resolution and then Static and continue as follows
5. select Ip address and then Edit, proceed entering the ip address that would like to configure manually then save the configuration
6. configure the gateway address set up (need if your printer is required to serve in multinetwork-segement enviroment
a. select gateway address, select edit, proceed to edit the gateway address (usually is the router's private ip address.) and then save
7. configure the subnet mask, selecting subnet mask, then edit, and configure the subnet mask for the ip address of the network where your printer is located.
I hope this helps!
Posted on May 01, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 27, 2014 | Xerox Phaser® 8550, 8560, 8560MFP Extended...
Dec 03, 2013 | Computers & Internet
May 16, 2012 | Xerox Phaser 7760/YDX Laser Printer
Sep 20, 2011 | Xerox Phaser 6125 Laser Printer
Nov 15, 2010 | Xerox Document Centre 420 DC Laser Printer
Mar 17, 2010 | Xerox Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 16, 2010 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
Nov 20, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 6110 Laser Printer
Jan 22, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Apr 03, 2008 | Xerox WorkCentre M-24 Color Copier
62 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!