- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This Tip can help if you are receiving the following message on your Blackbery Curve.
"Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again."
A lot of people are complaining of this happening on the Blackberry curve for no apparent reason. Firmware updates do not resolve the behavior and it can become a very difficult problem to resolve. There are four main things that have been known to resolve this problem as listed below;
1) Close the applications as requested. To do this;
Hold down the Blackberry button (marked by dots on the phone)
A menu will pop up showing all the apps that you currently have open.
Enter each one of these apps and make sure you manually close it down via the close selection on the menu.
Try the camera
2) This very simple solution has been known to work in a lot of cases.
Put your finger over the flash (if fitted on your version) and cover it when you try to start the camera, the camera has been known to start without any problem if you do this.
3) The camera is very susceptible to knocks which can easily jam the lens. This can often be resolved by following these simple steps.
Remove the back cover.
Gently but firmly press down around the lens until you hear a soft click.
Replace cover and battery and power up to see if issue resolved.
4)Finally this one may seem strange but is reported to work in some instances
Go to OPTIONS -ADVANCED OPTIONS - HOST ROUTING TABLE.
Click to enter then use menu key to Register now.
You will get an email for verification.
Pull the battery while the device is ON and then replace it.
Let the device reboot 1-3 min
Retry the camera.
If this Tip has helped - please do use the Yes/No buttons below to indicate this.
This Seems to Be a Fault With Your Phone And May Not Be Able To Be Fixed unless done Professionally.
1. Take The Back cover Off your Phone And Take the Battery out Then close the lens cover, then put the battery bakc in then go onto camera and open your lenz, this might work, if not then your camera might not work. thankyou,
The switch that looks if the lens cover is opened is broken, you will have to ask a repaircenter to replace the switch for you, as the camera won't function without it.
the switch is soldered on to a flex cable, thats quite difficult to solder by yourself.