Question about Dryers
HOW DO I GET THE FRONT OF DRYER OFF A WHIRLPOOL LGR8648LWO FRONT LOADING DRYER WITH VENT TRAP ON TOP TY
- Unplug the dryer or disconnect power
- Remove the two screws that are in the recess of the 'vent trap' on top.
- Pull the top forward and lift the top from the front. If it will not raise with a sharp pull, look at the groove between the top and the front panel, about 2" from both the right and left side are spring clips, you can push on them with a putty knife or thin screwdriver to release then lift the top.
- Look inside and tilt your head down like looking back at your belly, you will see a screw on each side about 3" from the top, remove these 2 screws (5/16"). Unplug the harness or wires to the door switch (mark where they came off). Lift the front and set aside.
- You will see the gas valve on the left side. There should be a couple Phillips head screws holding the coils on
- Reassemble and enjoy the heating of a dryer again
Posted on Apr 23, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 16, 2012 | Whirlpool LGQ8000JQ Gas Dryer
Oct 30, 2010 | Whirlpool Dryers
Apr 23, 2010 | Dryers
Apr 23, 2010 | Whirlpool Dryers
Aug 09, 2009 | Whirlpool Dryers
May 30, 2009 | Dryers
Feb 21, 2009 | Whirlpool LGR3624JQ Gas Dryer
Feb 09, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet 3.8 cu. ft. Front Load...
Oct 19, 2017 | Dryers
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!