Question about Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop Computer
1. You're not playing any sound/music.
Access any YouTube video to look for sound-samples.
2. You have told your computer to "mute" the sound.
3. Start your Audio Mixer, and move each slider away from the "zero" level.
4. Plug in some speakers to the "line-out" (not "line-in" and not "microphone-in") connector on your sound-card.
5. If the speakers are battery-powered, change the batteries. If they are AC powered, plug in the AC adapter.
6. Turn the speakers "on", and turn the speaker-volume "up".
7. Try your speakers and matching AC adapter on another computer.
P.S. Did you _ever_ get "sound"? When was the last time that it did work?
Posted on Apr 23, 2010
Several possibilities come to mind: speakers have failed (self-powered speakers have bad power brick, cable damaged, etc), speakers plugged into the wrong port (audio in instead of audio out), audio card or driver has failed.
If you recently had to restore your OS (or do a roll-back to a "known" good configuration), check your audio device (make and model) and make sure you have the latest driver installed. (Look at the website for your computer if it is a prebuilt system or look up your motherboard if it is an on-board audio device.) The device manager might have a yellow exclamation mark on the audio device if this is the issue (access from the Windows Control Panel)
Check for bad speakers by trying another set of speakers or plugging them into another computer. (Swap cables if that is possible.)
I hope this helps.
Posted on Apr 23, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 15, 2013 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 01, 2012 | Transcend T.Sonic 650 MP3 Player
Mar 26, 2011 | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone
Feb 05, 2011 | Panasonic KX-T7730 Corded Phone
Jun 15, 2009 | Logitech 250 Headset
Apr 17, 2009 | Disney Mix Max Digital Media Player
Jan 06, 2008 | Sony HT-DDW900 System
96 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: