Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
This Message refers to Waste Ink Absorber Full.
Check the waste ink amount (by service test print or EEPROM information print). If the waste ink amount is 7% or more, also replace the bottom case unit (QM2-1496) or the ink absorbers (QC1-4222 / 4223 / 4224 / 4263 / 4264 / 4864 / 4221 / 4257)
Replace the print head only after the print head deep cleaning is performed 2 times, and when the problem persists.
Download Complete Service Manual from :-
Few tricks other than Mentioned to get it Reset :-
1. While your printer is starting hold the stop/cancel key. Then the lights should flash. Push the color copy button 4 times. Turn Off printer immediately. Power up printer and check if the issue is resolved.
2. Try the below Procedure :-
1. Start with the printer OFF
2. Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER
3. release RESUME
4. press RESUME twice, then release POWER
5. Let green light blink until printer is done moving print head.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Apr 23, 2010
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 08, 2011 | Canon Pixma iP6000D InkJet Photo Printer
Mar 11, 2011 | Canon Pixma iP6000D InkJet Photo Printer
Oct 01, 2010 | Canon Pixma iP2700 InkJet Photo Printer
Sep 25, 2009 | Canon Pixma iP6000D InkJet Photo Printer
Jun 28, 2009 | Canon Pixma iP6000D InkJet Photo Printer
May 30, 2009 | Canon Pixma iP6000D InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 31, 2008 | Canon Pixma iP6000D InkJet Photo Printer
Feb 19, 2007 | Canon Pixma iP6000D InkJet Photo Printer
44 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!