Question about Cuisinart CBT-500 SmartPower Premier Work Top Blender
Won't turn on at all, no lights, no spinning. Was working fine one day and now its dead?! Is this worth having this repaired by Cuisinart or buy a new one?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had this same problem. It was solved but let me tell you it was a nightmare and we were almost sure the blender would be destroyed at least 3 times during the ordeal.
Here's a hint: the thread is on opposite to a normal screw thread so that it gets tighter as the blender spins.
1. Take the base off the blender and pop out the motor.
2. Turn over the motor and remove the round rubber part at the bottom. You will see a flathead screw. This is where you grip the shaft that the cursed brass coupler thread is attached to.
3. Find someone else to help and also a large strong flathead screwdriver.
4. With a friend holding a screwdriver in place at the bottom, grip the top brass thread with pliers (or better yet a pipe wrench) and twist it the opposite way you normally would.
5. Become extremely frustrated by the fact that the screw thread is made of cheap metal and strips instantly and that the brass thread is also cheaply made and rips right through your pliers / wrench.
6. Find a hack saw and a hammer.
7. Cut the brass thread off with the hack saw. Hammer the stubborn remaining pieces of it off with a screwdriver. Be prepared to cut off half of the shaft.
8. Eventually you should have hammered / sawed the brass thread off. If the shaft and motor are still intact, you can now screw the new coupler on (remember - its backwards). We had only about half of the shaft thread left and it still worked ok. Make sure to do this after you put the motor back in place with the shaft poking through the top of the case. Don't worry too much about how tight it is. As I mentioned its on backwards to tighten the coupler during normal use.
9. Replace the casing and screws, don't forget that rubber thing at the bottom.
10. Curse Cuisinart and make a drink, you deserve it.
Posted on May 13, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 13, 2015 | Cuisinart CBT-500 SmartPower Premier Work...
Jul 22, 2012 | Oster Fusion 7-Speed Food...
Jun 13, 2012 | Cuisinart CBT-500 SmartPower Premier Work...
Apr 11, 2011 | Cuisinart CBT-500 SmartPower Premier Work...
Jul 12, 2010 | Cuisinart CBT-500 SmartPower Premier Work...
Jan 16, 2010 | Cuisinart CBT-500 SmartPower Premier Work...
Jul 15, 2009 | Cuisinart CBT-500 SmartPower Premier Work...
Jun 25, 2009 | Cuisinart CBT-500 SmartPower Premier Work...
Apr 13, 2008 | Cuisinart CBT-500 SmartPower Premier Work...
86 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: