Question about Dell OptiPlex GX110 PC Desktop
Hit your PC.. using Hammer,,
Posted on May 06, 2011
* the 'A:' drive is not getting any power -- check that the power-cable from the power-supply to the back of the drive is connected
* the "data' ribbon-cable between the motherboard and the drive is not fully-connected -- check both ends
* the "data' ribbon-cable is wrongly-connected, i.e., "pin one" on the ribbon-cable is _NOT_ connected to "pine one" on the diskette-drive -- if the red lamp on the front of the diskette-drive is _always_ on, then this is the symptom of this "cross-connect".
* the diskette-drive physical mechanisms (that move the read-write head, and spin the media) have failed.
* wrong configuration within BIOS-setup -- be sure to select '3.5' and '1.44MB', not '5.0', and not '1.2MB'.
Posted on Apr 23, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 14, 2014 | Dell Dimension C521 PC Desktop
Apr 13, 2013 | Dell Vostro 200 PC Desktop
Jan 28, 2012 | Dell Dimension C521 PC Desktop
Sep 06, 2011 | Dell Dimension 3100 PC Desktop
Apr 10, 2010 | Dell Dimension C521 PC Desktop
Dec 01, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop Computer
May 23, 2008 | Dell Computers & Internet
47 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: