First you go into your sms text and hit the button on the left of roller ball and scroll to message alerts and select. You will be able to change the settings as far as ring tones/alertsselect each one you would like to change and go from there...you will be given the option "try it" after each change you make.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This will very depending on your phone manufacture and model. In general you will go to
2) Device (this is only on some smart phones, if you don't see this skip this step)
3) Sounds and Notifications
4) Ring tones and sound
5) To change your ring tone choose Ringtone
6) to change message ringtone (ex, Text or email) choose Message
7) If you have a smart phone you can changes your notification sound by clicking on Notification Sounds. (a notification is when your lets you know you have received a missed call, text, email. it notifies you of something)
You can try using email to text. However, iTunes is usually not compatible with anything non-apple and it is likely they have made it so the ringtone will only work on an iPhone. In case it may work, here's how to send it to your phone:
1. Open Gmail or another email service
2. Compose a message and for the to address, put (Phone number all ten didgets)@vtext.com for Verizon phone or (Phone number all ten didgets)@txt.att.net for AT&T phone.
3. Click "attach file" and select the ringtone. (not in iTunes) you will have to find it in another folder such as "Music" on your PC
4. Once the file has been uploaded, click send
5. You should receive it as a text
6. If it doesn't work, then iTunes has not allowed you to use it outside of iTunes.
you select a ringtone from your phone if it is otherwise download a
ringtone ....and after the reaching ringtone you select your ringtone for your text msg ,
you just click the option botton ............in option, one option
would of set ringtone..... then press ok botton.........
Go to PROFILES.
Select (ie) NORMAL.
Scroll to SMS TEXT and depress the pearl ball.
Select OUT OF HOLSTER and set to TONE.
Select RING TONE and select the tone you want.
Select VOLUME and set to your preference.
You might want to do the same for IN HOLSTER. Good Luck! ~ :)
Alas, the V750 doesn't allow you to manually add ringtones that way. The only way I've found to add a ringtone to my V750 is to email the ringtone as an attachment to my phone, then choose to save the file as a ringtone.
Every Verizon number comes with an firstname.lastname@example.org email address, which comes across as a text, video, or picture message on your phone. Just replace the x's with your phone number.
NOTE: Be aware that when you open the message, your ringtone will begin playing; you probably don't want to do this at work!
I simply opened my computer on my pc's desktop, then opened mobile device, then opened mobile device again, and then just copied and pasted the ringtones we had made on our pc for our old motorolla phones into the ringtones folder on the phone, and they are mixed, some mp3 some wav and even some aac, and they all work, then she just went into contacts, and picked the ringtone she wanted for each person. Hope this helps!