Question about D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310 (WBR1310)
How do I secure my d-link wbr 1310 router so others cannot use my internet service
Ok.. fist things first
you need the manual for your unit, find it here
in your manual you need to find the details of the following steps
1. power your router and plug your computer to one of the lan (1,2,3, 4) plugs
2. you need to open a firefox or internet explorer and type the address for your router 192.168.0.1
3. enter user name: admin and leave password blank
4. now go to wireless settings
5. for your ssid give it a unique name that will describe your network (router name) like KornhoNetwork or something like that.
6. in security mode select one of this three (from weakest to strongest), WEP, WPA, WPA2 ( i suggest wpa2 but if you have old wireless devices tehy may not support it)
7. for cypher mode select TKIP
8. for psk/eap select PSK
9. enter a passphrase (something that you only know) you need to know this key so it needs to be configured in all your client devices that are going to use your router (this is what will keep your neighbors guessing forever)
10. confirmed the phrase
11. save the settings
keep this configuration handy as you need to configure the same parameters on your wireless devices.
it's also good to set a password for your router otherwise someone else can simply enter in your router's configration page just like you did and make some changes, unlikely but it can be done so also change the blank password for a password that only you know..
if something does not work as expected. you can always reset your password to make it the way it was. look your manual under resetting password to factory defaults
that should do it!
good luck.. it's for those neighbors to get their own internet!!
Posted on Apr 23, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 24, 2011 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Dec 22, 2010 | D-Link RangeBooster G WBR-2310 Wireless...
Aug 24, 2010 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Aug 09, 2010 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Jul 24, 2010 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Mar 18, 2010 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Nov 21, 2009 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Jun 30, 2009 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Dec 27, 2008 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
121 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: