I have tried everything and the dvd player will just not play anything, no cd's, or no movies. I don't know if I need to get a new battery for it or if its just broken. I have cleaned it and it will work sometimes. If you could help me with this problem I would Highly appreciate it!!! thank you
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: dvd player will not play movies
how long have you been using this player? The problem should be from the lens (laser).
The lens is weak and that's why it cannot read/load DVD's. The weak lens is the cause of he problem and not battery.
The lens reads the files/data on the disc inserted into the player and once the lens is weak, there is no way it would load Cd's.
a lens cleaner and use it to clean the lens, but if the lens still does
the same thing even after using the lens cleaner, then it means you
would have to change the whole lens completely to a brand new one.
By so doing your player would play all CD's with no problem at all.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is not an issue with the drive. The drive is not what tells your pc to play movies automatically. Anyhow, I don't know what version of windows you are using, but if you click start-help and then type in 'auto play' it will show you how to change the settings so movies will play automatically. Also, if you don't have it already, install VLC media player.....it plays pretty much any video files.
it might be sevral reasons:
1. Check if region code is the same for movies you playing and DVD player
2. If you using video CDs or copyed DVDs, player might be preventing to playback those kind of discs, due to copyright laws or due to different speed settings for DVD player and discks you using (for intsrance you player can playback DVD/CD+R, and you using DVD/CD-R, or mximum allowed playback speed is 16 you using disk recorded at 24, but this is in case you using burned/copied CD/DVDs)
3. Check it lens is durty. For that use CD/DVD lens cleaning disk
($6 in Walmart, if you are in US)
4. Check if movies you are have the same coloring system, i.e NTSC for US
5. Check CD/DVD for scratches, some DVD players can not playback scratched disks
Please kindly let me know if my information was helpfull for you or you need more info
When you say it won?t read are you trying to play commercial DVD movies or read DVD data disks?
If you're trying to play movies then you need a couple of things the first being some type of player program. Real player works as does Windows media player but usually DVD drives come with a striped down version of PowerDVD or WinDVD.
If you in fact have a player installed and when a DVD is inserted in your drive it doesn't play it may not be configured to automatically play DVDs. Try opening your player program and trying to manually play your DVD.
Let us know if you have any success or if you need more assisted. If you do let us know what player program and operating system you have and any error messages that may appear.