Question about Bose SoundDock® (Black) Docking Station for Apple iPod
Had the same problem. I resolved it by removing my iPod from the dock and unplugging the SoundDock. I waited a few seconds and plugged the SoundDock back in. I then placed my iPod back into the dock.
I played a song and tried to use the right/skip button to skip to the next song. At first it didn't work. Then, I held the right button down for a few seconds. After that, all buttons worked just fine.
I hope this works for you. In case it doesn't, here is what the user manual says:
• Remove your iPod from the dock, wait five seconds, then firmly reseat the iPod in the dock.
• Try the remote from a different location. If it works there, check for interference from bright room lights or sunlight. Wipe off the small lens on the front end of the remote with a clean, dry cloth.
• Make sure there is a clear pathway between the remote lens and your SoundDock system.
• Remove and reinsert the battery as shown on page 6.
• Replace the remote control battery as shown on page 6.
Posted on May 25, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 16, 2014 | Bose Solo 15 TV sound platform
Jun 17, 2017 | Audio Players & Recorders
Dec 30, 2012 | DISH Network IR Remote Control
Oct 20, 2012 | Bose Cinemate Digital Home Theater System...
Sep 12, 2011 | Bose Lifestyle 38 System
or eBay: search for "(model) remotes", check the 'include description' box. Usually cheaper than the vendors.
There are dozens of them on eBay
Mar 09, 2011 | Bose Wave Music System CD Shelf System
Sep 04, 2010 | Bose Televison & Video
Jan 03, 2008 | Bose RC-18S Remote Control
713 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: