Question about Toro Lawn Mower With Toro Power Tools
Toro 6.75hp personal pace mower. will not start did not use last year did not put stabilizer in fuel
Hi and welcome to FixYa. I am Kelly. Sounds like your in need of a serious carb cleaning session:
You engine parts manual is here: http://www.briggsandstratton.com/maint_repair/manual_and_more/docmanualdetails.aspx?showpdf=ms2143_B_LO.pdf
Now lets go through carb cleaning:
Before you start.... if you have a digital camera take "close up" PICTURES of the linkages and springs attaching to the carb. If this is your first time you will be so glad you did. You can always delete them later if you don't need them. :)
Here is what you need to do:
1. Fuel selector off
2. Remove float bowl mounting screws and nut
3. Localte the Air fuel Jet on the side of the carb and count the number of turns it takes to close the Jet adjustment until it is just snug.
4. Remove the Jet / Orifice in side of Carb (spring on screw stem)
5. Using a catch fuel container turn on the fuel selector. Fuel should flow at a good rate. GENTLY lift the float assy level and make sure fuel flow shuts off. When you drop the float again fuel should flow.
If you do not have fuel flow at this point the needle and seat will need to be inspected. Fuel selector OFF.
(The following procedure is to be done only if there is no fuel flow with fuel selector on.)
a. Remove the float pivot pin.
b. Drop the Float down (The needle will come off with the float. NOTE the position)
c. Inspect the tapered rubber of the needle valve It should be pointed. If it is not pointed then the rubber tip is stuck inside the seat.
d. Clean the seat hole ONLY if obstructed. (Easily damaged)
e. FUEL Selector on then off fuel should rapidly flow through the needle seat.
f. Renistall Float and needle making sure to get the pivot / hinge pin installed correctly
g. Fuel selector ON. Raise and lower float checking for free movement with fuel flow when lowered and stopped when the float is raised level.
6. If there still is no fuel flow at this point remove the fuel hose from the carb and check fuel flow. If no flow check that gas tank exit hole, fuel filter (if installed) and the selector valve assy for obstructions.
FUEL FLOW IS GOOD
NOTE: If you have carb cleaner spray it into the side needle jet hole.
7. Install air fuel mixture needle jet in the side of the carb. Turn until closed and then back of the same number of turns it took to initially close it snug before removal.
8. BEFORE you install the float bowl inspect the bowl nut. There are holes in the side of the nut where it screws in to the bottom of the carb that must be clear. (could be no holes in yours)
9. Install Float bowl mounting screws and nut. Check for leaks.
10. Test engine.
That should do it.
NOTE: This engine was made with 2 different carbs. One had a choke the other had a primer bulb. If the primer bulb has a hole in it the engine will start then die after a few seconds.
Thanks for using FixYa.
Posted on Apr 23, 2010
Mower run for a while then shut off
Posted on Apr 30, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 14, 2016 | Toro Power Lawn Mower
Apr 04, 2016 | Toro TimeMaster 30" 190cc Personal Pace...
Mar 08, 2015 | Toro 20372 Recycler Personal Pace...
Aug 17, 2014 | Toro Garden
Jul 21, 2014 | Toro 20372 Recycler Personal Pace...
Apr 30, 2013 | Toro Lawn Mower. 22 in. Personal Pace with...
Jan 25, 2011 | Toro Lawn Mower With Toro Power Tools
Jun 21, 2017 | Toro Lawn Mower With Toro Power Tools
586 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: