Question about Gateway FPD2275W LCD Monitor

1 Answer

Return under warranty

Who do i contact

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 652 Answers

You should contact your manufacturer service centre.
If you don't know, please ask your manufacturer's dealer in your City, The will guide you.


Posted on Mar 22, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

My HP 2711 monitor went white. I plugged in another monitor and everything works fine on my computer. Ive only had this monitor and computer for 2 months so it should be covered under warranty. i guess the...

Hi, yes this monitor should be covered by a warranty, my advise is to return it to the vendor and ask for a replacement.
These things die like files as the saying goes. But HP are real good with warranty usually simply make contact with HP and ask them what to do, and be guided by them if the vendor isn't helpful.

Sep 10, 2011 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

No power, will not turn on


Here are simple steps you can try to check your monitor.

Try unplugging every cable on the monitor (data and power), then return the power cable only. Also try not to plug in the monitor to the power strip. Try using known good power outlet. Most of the monitor have the same power cable as the desktop computer, try swapping power cable as well. If still the same try contacting Viewsonic and have it replace if still under warranty if not purchase a new one.

I hope this help you.

Thank you for choosing fixya

Mar 04, 2011 | ViewSonic VX2235wm LCD Monitor

1 Answer

My volume keeps flashing on adn off on the monitor

It is possible in this situation that the buttons on the monitor are making contact due to age/wear! Try and clean them, using light pressure. If you hold your monitor, screen down, does it still pop up with the volume.

The best thing to do is to give it some time, maybe a moist contact, therefore over time it will dry out and stop happening.
If it is under warranty return it, if not you could get a technician to look at it, or you could get a new monitor.


Dec 16, 2010 | E-Machines eMachines Monitor E15T4

2 Answers

My monitor power light is on but no display it is under warrenty

Hi and welcome to the site,

Initially, consider an experiment. Shine a flashlight at an angle towards the screen with the monitor and computer both powered on. Note if a dark/ghostly image of the desktop could be seen. If yes, then it would be a backlighting issue. In most instances, it would be the inverter that provides high frequency, high voltage supply to the CCF (cold cathode florescent) lamps.

It is a hardware fault and not a setting nor a configuration issue.

Offhand, perhaps your best bet would then be to consult with and/or seek the services of an authorized Service Center (specially if still under some form of warranty).

Good luck and thank you for asking.

Aug 10, 2010 | ViewSonic VA1912w 19" LCD Monitor

1 Answer

My Dell Ultrasharp 2707 Monitor is flickering (badly).

Sounds like a bad monitor, (something inside may have went bad or pulled loose, or maybe bad monitor cable). Contact Dell and have them ship you a replacement under warranty. When your eceive the replacement, you will have a return label. place your old monitor in the package with the return lable, and contact Fed Ex (Dell uses fedex) and schedule a pick up at your convenience.

Jul 01, 2010 | Dell UltraSharp 2707WFP 27" Widescreen...

1 Answer

Bottom third of monitor has white haze that disappears when the monitor is pinched at a certain place, returning when released.

The image from the computer is sent to the LCD through a flat cable, and that cable is attached to the screen with a conductive glue. Pressing the "certain spot" remakes that connection, but unfortunately it loses the connection when released. If the monitor is not that old, contact the manufacturer to verify that it can be repaired under warranty.
If no warranty exists, then you can check with local TV repair shops and get a quote. Unfortunately, this is not a fix that the average home repairer can manage correctly...
...unless you disassemble the housing and place several layers of masking tape over the "certain spot" so pressure is applied when the housing is back in place. This would only be a temporary fix that might only last a short while, but could last much longer.


Dec 20, 2009 | Star Logic 17" LCD Monitor

1 Answer

White screen only


The white screen indicates wither a blown power supply or a blown fuse on the LCD panel. If the monitor is in warranty contact your place of purchase. If it is not in warranty then we should be able to repair it for you. Our repair charge is $30 plus return shipping. Contact us at the email address below if you need any more information.

I hope this helps, if so please rate our solution.

Corporate Computer

Dec 09, 2009 | Videoseven V7 L19PS 19" LCD Monitor

1 Answer

Some green color patch in the middle of the screen

Looks like you have an LCD. I was guessing it may be magnetic related in which case I would recommend you degaussed your display using the degauss function but your monitor won't have it since it's not a CRT by the looks of it. I would recommend contacting your dealer or where you purchased the monitor at a retail store. Since it's only 8 months old, you may be able to return it under warranty. If your retail store doesn't let you do that, talk to View Sonic directly and see if you can RMA your product for returning to the manufacturer and receiving a new or repaired unit.

Check out Viewsonic's website for more information.

Mar 24, 2009 | ViewSonic VX922 19" Monitor Flat Panel

1 Answer

I purchased an SVA 2400w - BD monitor approximately 2 weeks ago, the monitor no longer powers on. I bought the item from Can I send it in to be repaired under warranty or should I talk to...



The correct chain is thru the company you bought it from as your first point of contact, but if you get no joy there there is nothing to stop you from taking it directly to the manufacurer. Just bear in mind a few points.

*Just about all warranties are return to base - so you have to take the effort and cost to get it there thus your origional point of sale (POS) is the best place to start and sometimes they will bear the cost of the return.

*You will need your proof of purchase by way of a receipt. Credit card/bank records do not constitute a proof of purchase but will help the company you bought it off provide you with a duplicate. If you payed cash and can not remember the date all bets are off - be nice to the staff that you are talking to because they are under no obligation to provide you with a duplicate (esp cash and no date).

*Some manufacturers will acknowledge batch/serial numbers in lew of proof of purchase becuse these will demonstrate that the unit was manufactured within the warranty period.

*Finaly this is not in reference to your current situation but a verry handy FYI. When you purchase an item or especialy a system you will often find that the supplier (POS) is only offering a 12 month warranty or charge you extra for a 24 month warranty. This is as we aussies say is money for jam. This is because the manufacturers often have significantly longer warranties for components they supply.

Lets look at a system:

Intel CPU - Lifetime warranty
Kingmax RAM - lifetime warranty
Seagate HDD - 5 year warranty
Mitsubishi CDRW, DVDRW, Floppy - 2 year warranty
Most Power Supplies - 2 year warranty

Admitedly most board and adaptors are 12 months but not all.

So you come in with a failed unit, they point at their receipt with the 12 month waranty notice (actualy illegal) sell you a new one (at profit) send the failed unit off for credit or replacement and put it on the floor for sale (more profit).

Final Final Note: No warranty covers any kind of physical damage, power surges, water ingres or a unit being used for a purpose other than for which it was designed and opening or modifying a unit will also void warranty.

Hope this helps.

Dec 29, 2008 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Vetical Line in middle

It may be loose contact inside the monitor
May be the LOT (Line output Transformer) and V-Transformer
If the monitor is under warranty, contact the vendor for getting the replacement
if the monitor is not under warranty get contact the good mechanic for repairing the monitor

Let me know if your problem is solved and rate me as FIXYA!

Mar 30, 2008 | Gateway FPD2275W LCD Monitor

Not finding what you are looking for?
Gateway FPD2275W LCD Monitor Logo

Related Topics:

31 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Gateway Computers & Internet Experts

Brian Sullivan
Brian Sullivan

Level 3 Expert

27725 Answers

Les Dickinson
Les Dickinson

Level 3 Expert

18333 Answers

Prashant M
Prashant M

Level 3 Expert

2259 Answers

Are you a Gateway Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides