- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
In genreal, if you can play songs and hear it, than you're also able to play youTube-movies or songs. For this you need to install the correct software/program, which is activated by your webbrowser. A well known program is Adobe Flashplayer. On occassion, files at YouTube require the newest version of FlashPlayer. If you don't have installed this, you might get the type of error you mentioned.
In general, I download the most common player (software) at my PC. If in such case I'm not able to listen to music, I say to myself that it's probably even not worth to listen to it. After all, if the person who put the music / movie at YouTube and want people to listen to it, it's wise to use a widely used format.
If so and even if so, you need to have an audio cable installed connecting the DVD drive to the Sound Card in order to get sound when playing a MUSIC CD or DVD player from that drive. So double check that inside of the PC.
Next, go into the Audio Settings in the Control Panel and make sure sound is not muted.
unscrew tower screws. take off top. unscrew screw holding down sound card. pull it out.
insert it into ANOTHER PCI SLOT. reboot
let windows resintall the drivers. go to MY COMPUTER< PROPERTIES, hardward, device manager and scroll down to sound to see if any yellow explanation marks (no sound driver loaded). go to control panel, sounds, see if MUTE was checked by some fluke. UNCHECK MUTE
check VOLUME is UP. also make sure the cord from speakers to sound card header is in the right HOLE (green one) and not inserted into Microphone or line in by mistake.
it should be in LINE OUT
Here is the best thing you can do:
1. Use a cable connection from your notebook to your modem/router directly(UTP cable is being used with RJ45 in each end and straight connection)
2. Go to Device Manager in My Computer. Then Check the driver of your sound card and your video card. If everything is ok, then update the driver of you video and sound card. Take note the model of your notebook, download it to the respective website. This problem happens somestimes because some manufacturer wants their product to be updated.
3. Download all media players for you to select in case it won't play in that kind of player. There are many formats of video and audio so take this into consideration.