There is a little black button that is depressed when the door is closed. I suppose this closes the system so the washer won't start if the door is ajar. The button was broken off, but we could not tell. $65 part and all's well
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: HE3t wont start
Open the top access panel, 3 screws in top rear. start washer push up gently on one of the center black wired connectors that connect to the control unit (in back top of washer) if it starts to work then the relays on the control circuit board need to be re-soldered . a normal reoccurring issue its rarely the latch
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi - From what you have described it sounds like the door strike is not aligning with the door lock or the washer possibly has a defective door switch.I would suggest contacting a professional to move forward accurately and properly diagnose the unit.
The Key symbol means the lock has been activated some how.
On most bosch of your class this is how you work it on & off.
Here`s how to deactivate it...
1) Press the "menu" button until you see "CHILD LOCK :ON" appear in the display. ( if nothing is pressed within 10 sec.following this the menu will close and it will default to program in the display )
2) Once you see what I just mentioned in the display press the "select" button until "CHILD LOCK :OFF" appears in the display.
3) Finally by pressing the "start/pause" button the key symbol should disappear confirming you have successfully exited the child lock program.
Let me know if this was helpful to you or not, if so please take a second and rate it accordingly.
Thank you for visiting "fixya" for your washer solution inquiry.
you can try removing the lower aceess panel, behind there ,usually tapes to the inner wall is a tech sheet/ diagnostic chart. inthere it will explain how to check each component individually. there s a master diag mode, im not sure how to enter with the sears version, only familliar with the whirlpool(same machine different control panel)it will test all components though
could be 2 things
1)try closing the door and banging the machine on the front next to where your door catch goes into the washer if it starts could have a lose wire or be faulty
2)if no1 doesnt work than it will be your mains filter which if blown power doesnt get to your machine
if the machine is brand new and has manufacturers warranty then these are covered through the warranty and any tampering will void your warranty though should be covered for no less than a year