An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: needle will not pick up thread from bobbin
Without looking at the machine it is very difficult to diagnose the problem on here. Double check the machine is threaded properly and that the thread from the bobbin is through the bobbin tension. If all is as it should be and it will still not pick up, the machine needs looking at by a technician as the timing may need adjusting.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If it still will not pick up the bobbin thread, open the bobbin area of the machine and watch the needle action as you hand-turn the handwheel. You may see why it is not picking up the thread because the needle could be arriving too soon or too late to intercept the bobbin thread. If this is happening, the needle/hook is out of time. Take it for service.
Doesn't pick up bobbin thread
1. The bobbin may be in backwards.
2. The bobbin thread & top thread need to be pulled to the back before starting the stitching
3. You need a ballpoint rather than universal needle to sew on t-shirt knits.
4. the needle is in the machine backwards
5. Make sure the needle is the correct one for the fabric being sewed
6. Needle inserted wrong in the needle holder
7. Warped needle
8. Warped bobbin
9. Also could be a timing problem
1. Make sure the bobbin has about two inches of thread away from the bobbin. Also, make sure the bobbin has been adjusted properly for tension.
2. While turning the hand wheel keep the needle thread pulled towards the back. The bobbin thread should come up above the throat plate.
NOW, IF THIS DIDN'T WORK: Take the machine to a repairman to be timed. This is when the bobbin hook (sharp thing around bobbin) picks up the needle thread. It has got to be at exactly the right time when the needle is going back upward.
thread the upper part and the needle put presser foot down hold loose end of thread with felt hand and turn the wheel with right . the needle goes down shuttle wraps the bobbin thread around the upper and when needle comes up the bobbin thread will be with it . OR have yo MOMMA SHOW U HOW