An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: 2wire 802.11g/b Wireless
What's your ISP name? for list of activation keys or keycodes go to: http://www.2wire.com/?p=268 as for the serial nos. well every product has its own unique serial no. and you can't change that; it's every product's unique identity.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
a key code or Serial is usually on the router in the back or under its that white or yellow (sometimes other) sticker with a long number it will say serial or key-code there. it is sometimes also located on the manual
If you want to know your Access Point it is the Name of your Network or Network Key (SSID). Usually the Network Name of 2wire router is 2WIRE and the Last 3 digits of the Serial Number of the Router. The Serial Number is located at the side of the router you will find a Sticker and look for the Serail Number you can also see there the Wireless Network Key under the Bar Code. Another Procedure to find the information of the router is to access it. listed below are the steps on how to access the router.
it depends on what type of OS that you are using. But the key point to this is that your computer was able to see your network, usually your network name would be 2wireXXX (the X is the 3 digit of your serial number of your 2wire modem or router. if it is asking for password or wep key. the wep key for your 2wire is the number enclosed in a bracket, that is usually 10 numbers below the serial number
I had to reinstall my 802.11b legacy 2wireless adapter. installation went fine until I had to enter the sn and wireless encryption key off of unit. These numbers are on wireless unit but have letters. The software won't accept what is written on unit. What do I do?
the wireless key will be located on the bottom of the wireless 2wire router not the card..look at the bottom of the 2wire box and compare the picture below you will see 10 digit key code that will be the wireless encryption for you..
Introduction ============ This document describes the procedure to install driver for the 2Wire Wireless USB Adapter under Microsoft Windows, and to run a wireless configuration program to configure your 2Wire Wireless USB Adapter to work with a 2Wire HomePortal or OfficePortal wireless gateway. These drivers work under Microsoft Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, and XP.
STEP 1 - Driver Installation ============================
1. Make sure your 2Wire Wireless USB Adapter has not been connected to your computer USB port.
2. Double-click on the file to run WinZip Self-Extractor. The driver installation files will be placed in your hard disk in the C:\TWWUSB_TEMP directory
3. Connect your 2Wire Wireless USB Adapter to an available USB port in your computer. Windows Found New Hardware Wizard will startup.
4. Select the option to search for driver in specific location. Specify C:\TWWGUSB_TEMP as the location of driver.
5. Follow on-screen instruction to finish driver installation.
STEP 2 - Wireless Configuration ===============================
1. Run the program WirelessCfg.exe in the directory C:\TWWGUSB_TEMP. You can do so by clicking on the Windows Start button and select Run. The Windows Start button is typically at the lower left corner of the screen. Type in C:\TWWGUSB_TEMP\WirelessCfg.exe to launch the program.
2. Follow on-screen instruction to configure your wireless setting. Enter the serial number and encryption key as they are printed on the bottom of your 2Wire wireless gateway.
enter the serial number and encryptian code as directed to configure my
2wire wireless PCI Adapter and it does not recognize it. You can find all the drivers and the manual for your Wireless Adapter here: http://www.2wire.com/?p=331
you cant change the wep key on the upstairs pc unless you change it on the 2wire 1st. the pc wep key has to match whatever the 2wire has it set to. go to the 2wire router settings throught the downstairs pc that is working to be able to see what the wep key is set to, then when you get the key or set a new one enter that key into the upstairs pc.