Question about HP PhotoSmart 1115 InkJet Printer
You correct about the collector but you can empty it as well. With the printer unplugged. Move the carriage to the left manually. Here comes the hard part. Glued to the top of the collector is a piece of foam. You'll need to remove this, try not to rip it. Clean out the collector & wash the foam. Let them both dry. Some people use a syringe to pull out most of the ink.
Cotton swads help too. A small screw driver pushing down on a light cloth to pull out the ink. It's not easy, this i promise.
You can use a blow dryer to help dry, just don't melt the parts. Use super glue & replace the foam. Plug in the printer & print a test page out. The next time you need to replace your ink cartridge's make sure there is no build up of ink in the cartridge holder. Use soapy water & a clean cloth to clean it out. After the cartridge holder dries use some alcohol & cotton swab & clean the copper contacts from soap residue in the cartridge holder.
If everything goes well your good! Time for you to start helping at FixYa..
Good Luck & Kind Regards.
Need more help feel free to ask.
Posted on Mar 21, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 08, 2015 | Epson WorkForce WF-3520 All-in-One Inkjet...
Apr 22, 2014 | Canon MX340 AllInOne InkJet Printer
Sometimes the ink
cartridge carrier won't automatically move to its loading position even when
the printer is on and the cover is open. Follow the steps below:
1. Unplug the
printer from the power source.
2. With the cover
open, hold the solid white strip that connects from the carrier assembly to the
ink cartridge carrier and gently slide the cartridge carrier to the center of
3. Remove the
4. Load the new
cartridges. Close the cover.
5. Plug the printer back to the power source.
May 15, 2011 | Lexmark X4650 InkJet Printer
Lift the printer unit up. Position the scanner support beam between the tabs to hold the printer unit lid open. The ink cartridge carrier moves to the loading position in the center of the printer.
Press down on the lever in front of the right and left ink cartridges lid. The lid opens and raises up.
Remove the color and black ink cartridges from the carrier. Inspect the cartridges to ensure that it is compatible with the Dell 926 printer. The proper cartridge is called Dell 926 Standard Capacity Color Ink and Dell Standard Capacity Black Ink.
Examine the cartridges for any tape over the ink nozzle. New cartridges have a strip of tape covering the bottom of the cartridge that must be removed before installing into the printer.
Insert the cartridges into the carrier so the label is on top with the color logo side going in first. Press the lid down to snap it into place.
Push the scanner support bar back to release it. Lower the printer unit until it is closed.
Turn the printer off. Restart the computer. Turn the printer on. If the error message appears again, the cartridges may be defective and needs to be replaced.
I hope this clears up your problem.
Good Luck and Have a Nice Day!!
Jan 25, 2011 | Dell 926 All-In-One InkJet Printer
2) Remove the black power brick/block from the rear of the machine. (It may be a little tough to pull it out the first time you remove it.
3) Open the top of the printer/multi-function unit.
4) Gently pull the ribbon in order to center the printer cartridge carrier.
5) Open either the left or right side and remove the cartridge. (Depends on which side the error is occurring on, black on the left, color on the right)
6) Verify that all of the plastic strip that covered the new contacts on the cartridge have in fact been removed.
7) Wipe both the cartridge and printer contacts with a dry, lint free cloth.
8) Wipe the bottom of the cartridge with a damp, lint free cloth in order to verify that the ink is flowing and looks correct.
9) Make sure there is no water remaining on the cartridge.
10) Re-insert the cartridge into the carrier and make sure that it is bottomed and inserted all the way to the rear of the carrier slot.
11) Re-insert the power brick/block.
12) Re-connect the printer power cable.
13) Power on the printer and the error should be resolved.
14) Run the print alignment and print or copy several pages to insure the problem has been resolved.
IF YOU NEED TO BE WITH THE ORIGINAL CATRIDGES PLASE FOLLOW THE BELOW STEPS.
ALWAYS PREFER LEXMARK CATRIDGES FOR LONG LIFE OF PRINTER Remove the indicated print cartridge. Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet. Reconnect the power cord to the electrical outlet. If the button is not lit, press . Reinsert the print cartridge. If the error: Does not reappear, the problem has been corrected. Reappears, replace the print cartridge with a new one. BESTWISHES.....
Remove the indicated print cartridge.
Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the electrical outlet.
If the button is not lit, press .
Reinsert the print cartridge.
If the error:
Does not reappear, the problem has been corrected.
Reappears, replace the print cartridge with a new one.
Dec 19, 2010 | Printers & Copiers
Jan 28, 2010 | HP Photosmart D7260 Printer
Jun 07, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 07, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 23, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 19, 2008 | HP Photosmart 8250 InkJet Printer
100 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!