Question about KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
this unit is 12 years old but always worked fine untill yesterday. when it was turned on it was normal for 5 seconds then it started to make shorting noise and the grease under the unit started to burn, luckily my wife saw able to put it out with no resulting damage.
I was wondering if the grease came in contact with the microwave lamp or the lamp went bad is the problem.
question #1 can this be repaired and Question #2 if the lamp can be replaced (if thats' the problem) and #3 does it pay to replace the unit because of it's age thank you for your help!
it sounds like the transformer is bad, which makes this easy, time for a new one. 12yrs is a good age for a microwave, average life is about 8-10 yrs!
Posted on Mar 21, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 12, 2016 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 05, 2016 | KitchenAid Microwave Ovens
Jun 20, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
May 22, 2010 | Whirlpool RMC275PD Microwave Oven
Aug 14, 2009 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven
Aug 08, 2009 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven
Dec 26, 2007 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 26, 2007 | Samsung MW1030WA Microwave Oven
284 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: