- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First try these steps
1.Remove all the usb devices connected, then go to device manager and under Universal Serial Bus controlers uninstall all the usb root hub and then restart the computer
2. If it still doesnt work do a bios update from hp.com for your notebook and then restart and do a bios default too.
3. If these steps doesnt resolve the problem do a recovery and even after recovery the NBs usb ports doesnt work then mother board needs to be replaced as the usb ports are fixed in it.
We are HP Printer Tech Support Team. HP printer tech support, can save your valuable time, when you spend your lots of time to repair your printer problems. SysTechConnect is one of the HP printer customer support providers which only believe in more than satisfaction of users by its better online support. You can also save your service cost by keeping get in touch with this cost-effective support. Contact us anytime. We are available 24*7.
I have the same problem with my Compaq Presario V2000. Lost both USB ports and HP tells me that the motherboard has to be replaced at $300 +..I searched and found a PCMCIA card with two USB ports for $10. No problems with the USB ports on this card..great and cheap solution.
My belief is that the compaq usb ports do not have power limiting circuitry therefore allowing you to overload the output power on the ports. My ports failed after I downloaded into a burglar alarm system I was programming.