I removed some programmes from my laptop Packard Bell Easynote R1000 and restarted computer. But it didn't restart. It switched off and swiched on showing message 'No bootable CD in ATAPI CD-ROM. NTLDR is missing. Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart'. When I press CTR Alt Del it does nothing. What can I do?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
THERE MIGHT MANY REASONS FOR THIS. FIRST OF ALL SCAN YOUR SYSTEM FOR VIRUS AND MAL WARE. UNINSTALL THE WEBCAM DRIVERS RESTART THE SYSTEM AND REINSTAL THE DRIVERS. USE THE LATEST AND THE CORRECT DRIVERS. THIS MIGHT SOLVE YOUR ISSUE. REGARDS.
PLZ. DONT FORGET TO RATE THIS.
"Step 4 - Re-installing your software
Call the help desk and ask them to guide you through the
Please have your Recovery CDs to hand when you call
the Easy Repair line.
Once you have completed the ExtHS process you will
need to re-install Windows and the other software supplied
with your Packard Bell computer. To do this follow the
1. Disconnect all peripheral devices (web cam, printer,
scanner, broadband modem etc.).
2. Insert the Packard Bell Master CD 1 / DVD in the top
CD / DVD drive and restart your computer.
3. The CD will load and display the following message:
Please refer to the section headed Packard Bell
Recovery Program in your user’s guide for instructions
on this utility. Press OK if you want to continue
or Cancel to return to DOS.
4. Press the letter O on your keyboard to continue.
5. You will see a menu with options. Please select option 1
“Standard System Restore” by pressing the 1 key on
6. A warning message about data loss will be displayed.
Press the letter O to continue.
7. The process will take around 40 minutes. Once this is
done you will need to restart your PC. Remove the CDs
and store them in a safe place.
8. If there was a Software Library DVD supplied with your
PC you can use this to install the extra software that was
supplied with your computer. Insert this into the drive
and follow the onscreen instructions.
9. Finally, you will need to install any additional devices
(web cam, printer, etc.) and software by following the
instructions supplied with them."
Getting any information from Packard Bell is like pulling teeth. I recommend looking on ebay for the recovery discs. Or borrow someone's XP CD and insert the key on the bottom of your computer. If you can't get a CD you can call microsoft and purchase one for $27.
I know this is not what you want to hear. But if you have patience you can write to Packard Bell.
Packard Bell BV Jonkerbosplein 52 6534 AB Nijmegen
Po Box 6925 6503 GK Nijmegen The Netherlands