Question about Bell & Howell Copiscan 8000 Spectrum Series Path-Through Scanner
Well the frotn page scanning is ok but the back pages are to bright any advise what to do it shouldn be a software problem
Not sure what you mean by "too bright." Its not really a term used in scanning. Do you mean the image is "washed out", that is , the letters are not very dark and blends in with the white of the page?
If this is a Copiscan model with a few months into heavy scanning, the problem will be dirt and debris in the rear camera. Bowe Bell & Howell did not cover the entrance to the camera with a glass on the older Copiscan series, so when it gets full of dust, you get a washed out effect.
There is a service menu that will allow the technician to calibrate the camera, but it isn't open to the average customer. (A series of F1 thru F3 sequence). Also, if it is a model using a greyscale board instead of the Kofax avocet card, then there is a scsi normalization that will help. Also, take the rear lamp , with power off of course, pull it out , spin it around and place it back in.
Posted on Jul 15, 2008
It must be software setting. Try auto setting, else slightly darken output. You can also revers the same image and try out
Posted on Mar 20, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 03, 2014 | Canon DR-2010C Flatbed Scanner
If you experience frequent paper jams or printing problems, check the
number of pages the machine has printed or scanned. Replace the
corresponding parts, if necessary.
1. Press Menu until System Setup appears on the bottom line of the
display and press OK.
2. Press the left/right arrow until Maintenance appears and press OK.
3. Press the left/right arrow until Supplies Life appears and press OK.
4. Press the left/right arrow until the item you want appears and press OK.
• Supplies Info: Prints the supply information page.
• Total: Displays the total number of pages printed.
• ADF Scan: Displays the number of pages scanned using the ADF.
• Platen Scan: Displays the number of pages scanned using the
• Imaging Unit, Transfer Belt, Fuser, TransferRoller, Tray1
Roller: displays the number of pages printed each item.
5. If you selected to print a supply information page, press OK to confirm.
6. Press Stop/Clear to return to ready mode.
when you reach the imaging unit reset it then try, it should work then
May 19, 2011 | Samsung CLX-3175FN Printer
Apr 28, 2010 | Canon DR-5010C Scanner
Jan 16, 2010 | Epson Perfection 4490 Photo Scanner...
Jul 18, 2009 | HP Photosmart 3310 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 28, 2009 | Brother MFC 6490CW InkJet Printer
Feb 02, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 25, 2008 | HP xw6600 Workstation with 650W 80 PLUS...
Jul 16, 2008 | Xerox DOCUMATE 510 Flatbed Scanner
May 05, 2008 | Canon DR-9080C Path-Through Scanner
127 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: