Question about Audio Players & Recorders
your player may just have encountered some corruption or system errors. Not to worry. Try and see if this would help:
Switch your Sansa E260 to its Recovery Mode:
1. Make sure the player is powered off
2. Enable the "Hold" switch (located on the top of the player). You would know it's enabled when you see the "orange-colored" surface
3. Press the "Record" button. Make sure you keep it pressed while pressing on the "Menu" button.
4. keep your fingers pressed on these 2 buttons until the E260 LCD screen displays "Welcome to Recovery Mode"
5. Connect your E260 to your computer. (Just a reminder: The minimum Operating System requirements for a Sansa E200 player is Windows XP and above)
6. Double-click on "My Computer" and you would see your Sansa E260 appear as a "16 MB" drive. Note: If you do not see that "16 MB" drive/partition, please repeat steps 1-6.
Next, Apply the firmware for the E260 (your player should be connected to your PC at this time):
Use this link to download the firmware for your Sansa E260 (for better results, please save this file on your "Desktop":
Double left-click on the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen prompts. The file will automatically re-flash your player and format it as well, thereby clearing all possible file/system corruptions that may have occurred.
When the process is complete, unplug your E260 from your computer, and please make sure you disable the "Hold" switch
Power up your E260 and 90-99% of the time, it would boot up successfully.
Enjoy using your Sansa E260,
Cheerup and Be Happy always
Posted on Mar 20, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 23, 2011 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Jul 27, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Jul 24, 2008 | Olympus FE-210 Digital Camera
May 29, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Mar 21, 2008 | Olympus FE-115 Digital Camera
Nov 01, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa c240 MP3 Player
Oct 25, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
65 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!