- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There is probably a reset button somewhere on the device, it is probably a small pinhole that you put a paper-clip into the reset. If it has its own http web page, there is likely a reset to factory defualts option.
The ip of the computer connecting to it should not change. On a computer connected to it, open cmd start>run then type in cmd, and type 'ipconfig'. It will display details about your connection. Where it says 'default gateway' is the ip of the device. You could try to put the ip in your browser and see if the device has a web page.
Rough Translation: GoodeveningI have an accesspointcwa-854andI can notentertheaddress192.168.1.253.Do notknow ifthisis necessaryforfunctionsthatthe truthafter it isinstalledI failto connect.GabrielaBest
Unplug the AP then hold in the mode button (use a paper clip or pen tip). While still holding the button down plug the device back in and wait for the light(s) to go steady red. If your AP has a console port you should be good to go..if you have to telnet or use the GUI then the set your computer to 10.0.0.X and create an Adhoc network to gain access to the CLI/GUI.
This is a massive and expensive network, which appears to require a full signal and configuration audit. It's quite possible that many of your problems are stemming from the APs you have already deployed being situated in suboptimal and conflicting locations, which is an issue with three-dimensional wireless networks.
I really don't see your problems being debugged by anyone short of an experienced on-site wireless network technician. I'm saying this as a person who tuns a one-man company serving two rural communities with wireless internet service.
Super G is if you have a Super G card or speed boost is what they call it. You have to have a Speed bust wireless card for this feature to work. You should just upgrade to wilress N you be glad you did and it will be much cheaper in the long run.
Translating this request to English, I understand you to be saying that after you configured this unit, you lost the ability to login to it using the name and password. This unit can be reset to factory defaults using the procedure in the file identified at the end of this message.
Traduciendo esta petición al inglés, le entiendo para decir que después de que usted configurara esta unidad, usted perdió la capacidad de abrirse una sesión a ella usando el nombre y la contraseña. Esta unidad se puede reajustar a los defectos de la fábrica usando el procedimiento en el archivo identificado en el extremo de este mensaje. http://engeniustech.com/datacom/support/general-details.aspx?id=65
Hi, a couple of ideas:
1. maybe out of range or too many obstruction, how far is the client from the AP or are there any objects in between. it's gotta be line of sight;
2. with 200mW power output and 5dBi external antenna, should be adequate, if not maybe slightly directional performance (no longer perfect omni). try rotating the device and more or less guesstimate max signal at a particular orientation (pointed towards the client). Netstumbler would be good enough for signal strength;
3. consider the optional integrated 9dBi patch antenna;
4. for the client having a hard time with the AP, manually enter the TCP/IP settings and not auto obtain. numbers should of course match AP settings except for the last digit(s) of the IP add;
5. try moving the client away from any RFI sources like cordless/wireless phones, microwave ovens and others;
6. at one time, signal strength to a client improved by moving the AP a couple of feet away from the original installation point. of course if your unit is mast mounted, then you have to move the mast as well or put up a new one.
Hope this works for you. Good luck and pls post again how things turn up.