Question about HP LaserJet 4 plus Printer

1 Answer

Grey band on left side of printed page.

I get a gray band on the printed page. I have cleaned the rollers and the machine several times. The band did get smaller and a bit darker after cleaning. Is this a common problem? Could it be the toner cartridge.
Thanks
Larry

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 152 Answers

Replace toner drum or replace cartridge

Posted on Mar 27, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

HP m410n laserjet pro banding gray vertical lines


the two places to look is transfer roller and the fuser unnit.
i think there is a problem with the transfer roller it is under the toner and it needs to be spring loaded. The paper passes between the toner an the transfer roller to charge the paper en let the toner stick to the paper and if it doesn't make correct contact then it wont work

Dec 26, 2013 | HP LaserJet Printers & Copiers

1 Answer

Savin 2545 document feeder gives a gray band on the copies


Yes - surprisingly - we had the same problem, the gray stripe along the side of the page only showed up when the original was fed through the document feeder on top. Cleaned the small area of glass under the feeder repeatedly with no change to the resulting stripe, but then while cleaning the upper roller, above the area of glass where the scan lamp illuminates during the copying from the ADF, we found a small piece of paper adhering to the top roller in the paper path, cleaned it off, and no more band. We didn't see the bit of paper on the upper roller until we rolled it while cleaning. Still can't figure how that made a stripe....but hope this helps you.

Feb 22, 2010 | Savin 2545DP Black and White Copier

2 Answers

HP 1020 produces 2 grey lines at edges of page


it is the problem humadity or laser mirror is dirt clean it and then solve your problem

Jul 05, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer

1 Answer

Top to Bottom gray line on left side of Copied Page


hello
does the grey line appear if you scan true the "upper" scanner.(set paper on top of printer and sscan it that way)? you should also clean the smal slim glass that is at the side of the big scanner glass.
also try to remove all cartridges and tilt them side to side several times. then put them back and test your printer.

Jul 02, 2009 | HP LaserJet 2840 Printer

1 Answer

Printing


check your toner/drum cartridge. lift the flap, do not touch roller (usually green), is the same grey band on the roller, if so replace cartridge.

May 06, 2008 | HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One Printer

1 Answer

Grey Band/lines across page


your problem could be one of many things first try stoping the copy half way in the machine. to do this open the front door and cheat the door switch with some folded up paper or use a flat screw driver to bypass the switch. make a copy and watch the paper when in goes into the drum and starts to come out like 3 inches pull the screw driver or paper out of the switch. carefully pull the paper out from the machine and see if the image is ok. if the marks are there the problem is with the drum. if the image is clear and there is no marks then open the left door on the copier and inspect the rollers in the heat unit. to do this open the left door the front door has to be open to do this. there is a little green lever on the right side pull this down and look at the 2 roller if you see marks on the top roller or dirt on the lower roller this is your problem. also check the miliage reading on the drum if there is a sticker and check the meter on the machine the drum is rated for 55,000 copies.

Jan 03, 2008 | Canon imageRUNNER 400S Copier

2 Answers

Grey lines on printout


90% chance its the Cartridge or 10 % chance its the fuser

Nov 26, 2007 | HP LaserJet 4 plus Printer

2 Answers

2 IN. GRAY AREA DOWN SIDE PAPER


There are several things that can cause this. A worn toner cartridge and/or transfer roller can cause vertical smears, but it may also be a worn fuser assembly. The teflon coating on the fixing (heat) roller wears off, and leaves vertical streaks of varying widths on the pages. Sometimes you may see "ghost" images on the pages for the same reason. Open the back door of the printer, and hold down the exit guide on the fuser (carefull, it may be very hot). There are two long rollers, the lower one is black, the upper roller is either grey or shiny brown. That's the teflon coating. See if it's peeled or damaged. If so, replace the fuser assembly.

Feb 10, 2007 | HP LaserJet 4 plus Printer

Not finding what you are looking for?
HP LaserJet 4 plus Printer Logo

Related Topics:

292 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top HP Printers & Copiers Experts

kakima

Level 3 Expert

96396 Answers

k24674

Level 3 Expert

7987 Answers

Brian Sullivan
Brian Sullivan

Level 3 Expert

27725 Answers

Are you a HP Printer and Copier Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...