- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Ink level counter (program) didn't read actually ink at ink tank. Brand new cartridge ink level counter 100% (full), and ink 100% (about 10 ml). After may printing, ink will dry out, and ink level counter reach zero (ink out). Printer will not allow print anymore, even have refilled, because ink level read "ink out". For canon type, you just to release ink level counter, and counter just stop, but printer will allow to print. Press stop/reset button for about 30 second.
That is normal, the printer "sees" the cartridges by their serial number, so when you pop in a refilled cartridge, the printer thinks you have put in old cartridges and continue to show low ink level. When you pop in a new one, with a new serial code, the ink level will reset, showing that the cartridges are full again. You can try this: 1. Open printer lid so cartridges move to center of carriage.
2. Lift clamp and remove black or color cartridge from the holder.
3. Place cartridge on table with copper contact strip facing you.
4. Carefully place a strip of clear plastic tape over the four contacts on the upper left corner of the cartridge.
5. Reinstall cartridge in printer and close lid. Wait until cartridge returns to parking position.
6. Open lid and remove cartridge again. Remove tape from left side and
place tape over four contacts at upper right corner of cartridge.
7. Reinstall cartridge in printer and close lid. Wait until cartridge returns to parking position again.
8. Open lid again, remove cartridge, remove tape.
9. Reinstall cartridge and close lid.
Printer will now recalibrate. Once the process is complete the ink level meter should be reading full again. Doesn't always work, but you can try. Here are links, so you can see: http://www.misterinkjet.com/hp56reset.htm http://www.misterinkjet.com/hp57reset.htm
did you mean that even the cartridge place was new, no ink came out of its printhead? maybe the ink cartridge is defective. if it says that your CL-41 has run out, press reset/paperfeed button for 5-10 seconds to reset the cartridge. hope to be of help.
Maybe you can try to reset the black ink level 1st. To reset the ink level: 1) Goto the Lexmark Solution Center application. 2)
Press button Maintenance>Install a new print cartridge, follow the
instruction on screen. U may then have your new full ink level. Note: u
only can reset to full level, cannot customize the level by your own. Hope this help.
First, download the software at http://www.box.net/shared/4yblbn34kg
Secondly, to run the software your printer has to be in service mode. Do that by - unplug cable - press and hold "power" button - plug cable - press "resume" and release - release the "power" button At this stage, your computer will detect a new hardware