Question about Televison & Video
IN MY CAR DVD PLAYER WHEN I INSERT A DVD IT STARTS SLIDING THE DISC INTO THE PLEYER AND IT JUST RETURNS IT THE MOTOR SEEMS TO BE WORKING IN IT OK BUT THE DISC ONLY GOES IN HALFWAY AND THEN IT JUST RETURNS IT IS NOT ONE OF THE DVD PLAYERS WITH A DRAWER THAT SLIDES ITS ONE WHERE THE DVD JUST SLIDES INTO THE MACHINE
These address a DVD player that ejects a disk it cannot "read".
1) The lens is dirty (don't blow in it, you look nutter and it does nothing to clean the lens,it just adds moisture to the unit).
2) Your transport slides are impeded some way or needs lubricant.
3) You have a scratched or incorrect format of disk.
These relate to damage:
1) You dropped or Jarred something critical in the transport, and the Lens isn't aimed correctly.
2) There is damage to the clamp, where a disk is not seated properly.
3) The drive motor has worn out, lost a winding, or cannot reach the appropriate spindle speed.
In any case you could open and spray canned air in the unit and see if you can make it work, although this is doubtful to work. More than likely you need to consider replacement or professional servicing.
Any optical based electronics need periodic cleaning and lube. You can minimize this by keeping dust from the unit with regular exterior cleaning. It is the dust that ruins the lube job on the transport slides.
Lastly, does it do this with ALL DVDs? Some are formatted differently and might not be readable by your player.
Hope this was helpful!!
Posted on Mar 22, 2008
Are you in park? I dont believe these players are designed to work unless you are stopped in park or just in the ACC key position, I dont know how they know, but that is how they are designed for safety, Are you sure the DVD is label up, maybe it takes it the other way, try a cd.
Posted on Mar 20, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 05, 2011 | Oritron Televison & Video
Sep 06, 2009 | Canon DC310 DVD Camcorder
Jul 04, 2009 | Pioneer AVH-P6500DVD Car DVD Player
May 13, 2008 | Car Audio & Video
Feb 14, 2008 | GoVideo DV2150 DVD Player/VCR
121 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: