Question about Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Help with AKG shock mount H-100 parts


I just received an AKG H-100 shock mount microphone holder for a AKG microphone C3000B.

My question is about the locking mechanism on the H-100.
The part that actually screws onto the mic stand. Well my problem is that it is disassembled. There are several pieces that have to line up i.e, washers, spacers, etc. I have fiddled with it and can't seem to figure out the right combo to get this to work. Are there a photo of how the pieces fit together? This would be helpful.

Thank you,


Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

I kept messing with it till I got the right combination. It works fine now.

Thank you,

Posted on Mar 19, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Feedback 3-4 mtres from speakers

Feedback is caused by having the volume up too high or being too close to the speakers. Turn mic down a bit, feedback goes away.

Better speakers and mic will help.

Sep 11, 2014 | AKG WMS 40 Mini Vocal Set Handheld...

1 Answer

No sound from my LG HD TV to my Harman Kardon receiver


i want to connect my akg t 912 headphone with Sony LCD. The audio output from setup box is attached with the Home theater and not directly to LCD TV. Suggest me the way to get the setup box audio output to AKG wireless headphone.

Jan 02, 2013 | Harman Kardon Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I have a AKG T912 Head phone how i can re charge it

Hi,thanks for posting your Question.

You can only charge the AKG T912 Head phone with its cradle...

Use the link to get a replacement..

Hope it helped.

Sep 14, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders

2 Answers

I am trying to find where i can buy some belt pack clips for AKG WMS450 bodypack transmitter.

I've had to order them from AKG - you might check Guitar Center and or Musicians Friend online

Mar 28, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Trying to locate a Bussman Fuse-250 volt, 3 amp-one end is bigger than the other. It is for a vintage Zenith console stereo. Got it recently, it worked for about a week and blew the fuse and got a...

Unless you are treating this as a collectible and want to keep everything as it was built, I'd suggest not worrying about finding the exact original fuse. Instead, find a convenient place to mount a chassis-type fuse holder that takes a standard 3AG cartridge fuse with the rating you need. Then clip the wires going to the existing fuse holder and solder them to the new one. (This is a common way around part availability problems when fixing old equipment. If you want to preserve the unit's original appearance, find a spot where the replacement part won't be easily seen. Leave the old part - disconnected, of course - in place, but the new one will take its place.)

The next step is to figure out what's gone wrong. With old electronic equipment, capacitors are a common problem. They break down with age, and can short. Also, rectifier diodes in the power supply can short out. It may also be a simple case of insulation on a wire that has become brittle and flaked away, allowing contact with the chassis. Unfortunately, this is also something that can happen in the unit's power transformer, which may be very difficult to find a replacement for.

What I do with old gear before ever plugging it in is to look it over. A visual inspection can reveal parts that are obviously bad or close to it (burned or discolored spots, worn insulation, swollen or burst capacitors, etc.). A few checks of common parts, like the capacitors and diodes I mentioned before, with an ohmmeter follow. If all looks good, I plug the unit into a device called a variac, which allows the line voltage to be controlled with the knob on top. Gradually raising the voltage avoids the sudden shock to parts that haven't been used in a while, which often causes them to fail.

In a case like yours, where something is already bad, it's just a matter of checking parts until the bad ones have been identified, then replacing them with something suitable. This is where experience helps. Having a schematic diagram of the device is good too, if one is available. There are many sites devoted to repairing electronic equipment, especially vintage or antique pieces, where you can find help. Search for the make and model of the stereo along with "repair and restoration" and you should be able to get started.

Good luck, and thanks for using Fixya!

Mar 20, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

The cable connecting my AKG k450 headphones to the mp3 player is broken

Harman Consumer Group

phone: 001 818 920-3212

Spare parts:
Frank Rodriguez
Phone: +1 818 920-3279

Jan 25, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I got a skullcandy TI 1 year ago, and since two days the sound comes out normally, or without the left side, depending on the position of the wire connecting the MP3 to the skullcandy. It's very sensitive,...

What typically happens is that the base of the wire gets stressed from wrapping the cord around your media player and it eventually breaks the copper wire inside of the insulation. You likely can not even see the damage, let alone repair it. Be more careful with the next set, and might I recommend a set of AKG ear buds. I use AKG studio headphones and bought my little sister some AKG ear buds, very impressive quality very close to my studio headphones. AKG K 313

Oct 29, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

My microphone is a Shure ULX-J1. The rubber button which is mounted on the front of the microphone and is used to select the frequency needs to be replaced. where do i get these parts. ...

The easiest way is to call Shure directly. Ask for the service and parts department. They will get you the part number, availability and cost.


Oct 07, 2008 | Shure Audio Players & Recorders

2 Answers

Mic repair

Oh sorry, it was an AKG c418. However, shortly after i posted, i stared at the thing long enough and managed to get it apart, fix it and put it back together. thanks

Feb 28, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders

Not finding what you are looking for?
Audio Players & Recorders Logo

Related Topics:

471 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Audio Players & Recorders Experts


Level 3 Expert

98879 Answers


Level 3 Expert

4678 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

69878 Answers

Are you an Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides