- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is typical cartridge problem.Which cartridge changed?This printer can print with the only one cartridge inside it, whatever which.Try this: Open cover put out color cartridge then close cover.If blinking stops replace color cartridge.If blinking continues put out black cartridge and put in color.If blinking stops replace black cartridge, if not stop replace both cartridges. If this not help your printer has problem in carriage unit and need repair.
That's an oldie but a goodie. I bought a 5550 in 2002 and it still works!
1. Try disconnecting it from the computer and bring to a clear area with good lighting (kitchen table or garage work bench). See if you can see anything impeding the movement of the cartridges (you are correct...they should come to the center)
2. Power it up againd with nothing connected to it...see if the cartridges move.
I'll check my 5550 tonight when I go home, because I thought the cartridges came out from the Right Side...not the left. I wonder if they are jammed on the wrong side.
I know it's not much help, but I will check some more. Good Luck!
With the cover off, there are little white gears down on the right bottom that activate a ink plug tray. Lid-open sensor is a gray tab on the lid that interrupts a black optic sensor on the circuit board. If your printer gets wet and no power up, unplug printer and short the two capacitors on the smaller circuit board to clear internal printer fault memory. Insulate yourself, small voltage in there even unplugged.
Well, first things first! Are you using the parallel port (the "wide connector" one) to connect or the USB(The small connector)?
Get back to me with this info to continue troubleshooting!