Failed to start background reading (status=5, error=-102, retcode=0). Perform a normal resert and try again. IPAQ 5500 can you please send me the files to upgrade it? Ljubimirek1996@hotmail.com
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
01) Press and hold down the "Calendar" and "iPAQ Wireless" buttons.
02) While holding down these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the "Reset" button/hole on the back of the iPAQ until the screen goes blank.
03) Release the "Calendar" and "iPAQ Wireless" buttons.
04) Press the "Reset" button/hole again (so that it resets/powers on.)
The error message is telling you that there is not enough memory to load the BlueTooth driver, try moving some of your files from My Documents/My Music etc. to your memory card.
Also try uninstalling some of your programs and reinstalling them to your memory card, this will free up a fair bit of space in main memory and hopefully resolve the problem.
Also; Tap Start, tap Settings, then tap the System tab and tap Memory.
Tap the Main tab to see how much space is available in main memory, you should see a total of around 115-120MB available (128MB - the lie of storage device sizes - the file system) divided in to storage memory and program memory, if you see considerably less then you're iPaq has a hardware memory problem and will need repairing.
Lastly keep in mind that Windows error messages cannot be trusted and the actual problem may be absolutely nothing to do with memory, so if this doesn't help post back.
Performing a Full Reset
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a ?hard reset.? Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs, and data from RAM.
A full reset deactivates the battery. The power button does not function until the battery is reactivated.
CAUTION: If you perform a full reset, your iPAQ Pocket PC returns to its default settings and loses all information that is not recorded
To perform a full reset:
1. Press and hold Application Buttons 1 (Calendar) and 4 (iTask) on the front of the unit and, at the same time, use the stylus to press the Reset button on the bottom of your iPAQ Pocket PC.
2. Hold all buttons until the displayed
Full PDF document can be found here:
Hi again. Give me your email adress please, for me to send you the required upgrades. Read my other post in the other section you've wrotten and you will have the instructions on how to do everything there. Thanks.
You may be in need for a ROM update/reinstall. It is pretty easy to do that. You can either go at HP's web site and download a ROM update for your specific model. Make shure you select your operating sistem rigt. Or you can browse the internet for a specific ROM update for your model. I recomand the HP site, and if you have problems regarding the ROM update process, or the ROM and OS version you need, please reply here and I'll guide you throught.