Question about Magic Chef Refrigerators
Call the phone number on the back of the machine.
They helped me diagnose the problem and sent me easy instructions for fixing it.
Apparently, the switches get icked up sometimes. I took off the side panel over the fan, removed one of the switches [the top one], opened the case and cleaned it off. Works like a charm.
The wonderfully helpful guy at sunpentown sent me a document with pictures showing me how to do it.
Posted on Jan 07, 2010
Magic Chef Counter Top Ice Maker.
just bought one. it seems to go through the cycle, but i noticed no water is getting pumped up to the tray. I looked through the back and the water tu be is 1/2 way, doesnt seem to pump water up. I may take it appart soon. Anyone have any luck?
Posted on Jun 02, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Hello KC Breen - If your ice maker has stopped producing ice completely, please check these, in this order:
1. Your ice maker may be turned off. Look for the wire along the right side of the ice maker that looks a bit like a coat hanger. If the wire is in the raised position, the ice maker is turned off. If so, try one of these: If your ice maker has a small red plastic lever, lower it to lower the wire. If there's no plastic lever, simply lower the wire. In either case, the ice maker should begin producing ice again.
2. Also make sure that the temperature is 8 degrees Fahrenheit or lower. If the freezer is too warm, the ice maker won't cycle properly.
3. When was the last time the filter was changed? Most side-by-side filters are recommended to be change approximately every 6-9 months depending on your water usage and frequency.
4. The ice maker fill tube may be blocked with ice or have a clogged water filter. If so, melt the blockage using a hair dryer-but be careful to not melt any plastic parts!
5. Also replace the water shut-off valve or water-inlet valve, or both, if necessary. The ice maker head assembly may have broken parts. Look to see if the gears are broken. Check to see if the small plastic arms that rest against the ice rake are broken. If the ice maker head assembly is modular and you've found broken parts, you can just replace it.
Should these suggestions prove ineffective, I would recommend contacting an authorized service technician that will be able to assist you in the diagnosis and repair of your ice maker. If you do not have a professional connection, you have the option to visit the manufacturer website to find a service provider in your area.
Mar 17, 2013 | Electrolux Icon 22.6 cu. ft. Counter-Depth...
Jan 14, 2013 | Frigidaire FRT21P5A Top Freezer...
The type ice makers made for your model and other models require
no lubrication and are one of the most used parts of your refrigerator
especially if there is a large family and lots of ice used daily. They never
seem to stop working while the average refrigerator last 15 to 20 years the
average life of an ice maker is only 5 years. Even ice makers that have replaceable
parts the repair parts are more expensive in most cases than complete
replacement. Below is an example of an average ice maker that Whirlpool and
Maytag uses that have the Teflon coating in the ice slots. Your model is
Model WR30X10093 Ice Maker and has electronic controls and no replaceable
parts. Thanks, Sea Breeze
Jun 05, 2011 | GE Profile 25.6 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side...
Aug 13, 2010 | Kenmore Elite 22.4 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer...
Jul 26, 2010 | Kenmore 21.7 cu. ft. Top Mount...
May 29, 2010 | Whirlpool 21.0 cu. ft. Top Freezer...
Nov 21, 2009 | Whirlpool 21.0 cu. ft. Top Freezer...
Apr 29, 2007 | GE Profile PSS26NGS Side by Side...
Dec 24, 2016 | Magic Chef Refrigerators
545 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!